LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,355 Posts
The neon wont take anything to power, usually less than 10 amps for even underbody neon on a car, so im sure you're puttin in less than that.

Really, with that amp, you shouldnt have problems with dimming or anything, youre just not pulling that much amperage from the electrical system. If I remember right, I believe those factory alternators for S10's are 90 amp, which should be just fine for you. Unless there is some reason you're lookn' for another battery, like more playing time without the engine on or such.

· Registered
2,355 Posts
Nah, even the screens barely use any power. Maybe 5 amps at the most even if you had a 20" screen. They're low consumption devices for the most part. Really, you'd have to know what amp you're considering to make a determination if you really need more of an upgrade to another battery. MOST normal people dont need a 2nd battery unless they have a huge single amp, or multiple large amperage draw setups.

but if you're just adding an amp for some 6x9's or 6's , it wont be too much of an issue for you to add that kinda load on your existing setup.

...at least you're thinking ahead though, most people keep adding shit till their electrical system poops out and then wonders why

· Registered
2,355 Posts
Stinger's a good bat... here are some others to consider

SVR group 34

Lightning Audio (rockford fosgate/exide)

Lifeline Batteries

Rockford Fosgate / Exide Partnership

Kinetic 2400

Oddessy (hmm, looks like another popular brand doesnt it ??? *cough, cough*)

Thats all I can think of at the top of my head worth mentioning

· Registered
2,355 Posts
See, im strange..... I usually buy 2/0 welder wire and use it for the big 3 ... mainly because im cheap and even at pretty much any local industrial electrical dealer you can get it for $1.50 a foot.

· Registered
2,355 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 16 2005, 11:45 AM~3828305
Welding wire is not designed to be used with a Car Stereo amplifier.

uhh, OK .. then tell me why its NOT good to use 100% OFC copper multiple strand wire with an ISO 9000 listed temp range from 150-250 degrees F ??

Im not being a dick, I just want to know why YOU dont think its "not designed" for holding large amounts of amperage in high heat conditions. Maybe you dont realize that an Arc welder can push anywhere from 100-300 amps.

· Registered
2,355 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 16 2005, 12:50 PM~3828573
It is different wire, it has to do with the Oscillation, and how the amp sees the Power
you go with that..... while me and Pitbullx sit back and split a case of beer off the money we saved from buying perfectly good wire from an electrical supply house for 1/3 the price.

· Registered
2,355 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 19 2005, 11:23 AM~3842675
the only time Ive had an amp blow was due to me running modified bd1500s and 1501s (no protection) and I had a subs blow thus smoking several of my amps (6 per sub)
would I learn that the hard way to 2 invites to DB Drag world finals or to 2 invites to USAC world finals? :confused:

Dude, you're fighting mental health if you think you can convince him he's wrong. I guess if you put your foot in your mouth enough times, it stays.

· Registered
2,355 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 21 2005, 12:06 PM~3857329
stfu n00b

omg pwnt omg omg pwnt pwnt

now its like SD  :biggrin:

Richard Clark would be called a no0b on SD. Has anyone noticed that the Stillwater guys dont post at SD anymore, and you never see Dan Wiggins on there anymore. hmm, wonder why?

· Registered
2,355 Posts
Dude, they're all gone. Anyone with any crediability doens't associate themselves with either site. I dont blame them, who wants to go to a forum full of juvieniles (inluding the mods)?

I really was amused by ascendant audio stuff. People saw that video that pete made and though that they could get thier subs to do that too, and do that as a daily driver. They all ended up blowing them....LOL .... The toxic guys dont mention they get recones for free in the videos. Of course they look like they're kickn ass, they do! for all of 5 minutes.

I got banned there too, it was a blessing. I told murph to suck my .... :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.