LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

· Registered
2,355 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 16 2005, 12:50 PM~3828573
It is different wire, it has to do with the Oscillation, and how the amp sees the Power
you go with that..... while me and Pitbullx sit back and split a case of beer off the money we saved from buying perfectly good wire from an electrical supply house for 1/3 the price.

· Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
tha jacket on welding wire is different from car audio power wire

· 2GUNZ
20,820 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 16 2005, 02:54 PM~3828940
  you go with that..... while me and Pitbullx sit back and split a case of beer off the money we saved from buying perfectly good wire from an electrical supply house for 1/3 the price.

Then I am gonna sit back and watch you guys come on here and complain that your amp was fucked up some how or another.

· Registered
7,550 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Sep 18 2005, 04:57 PM~3838440-->
Then I am gonna sit back and watch you guys come on here and complain that your amp was fucked up some how or another.
[/b]
the only time Ive had an amp blow was due to me running modified bd1500s and 1501s (no protection) and I had a subs blow thus smoking several of my amps (6 per sub)

<!--QuoteBegin-dirtywhiteboy66
@Sep 19 2005, 11:34 AM~3842330
People just have to learn the hard way.
would I learn that the hard way to 2 invites to DB Drag world finals or to 2 invites to USAC world finals? :confused:

· Registered
2,355 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 19 2005, 11:23 AM~3842675
the only time Ive had an amp blow was due to me running modified bd1500s and 1501s (no protection) and I had a subs blow thus smoking several of my amps (6 per sub)
would I learn that the hard way to 2 invites to DB Drag world finals or to 2 invites to USAC world finals? :confused:

Dude, you're fighting mental health if you think you can convince him he's wrong. I guess if you put your foot in your mouth enough times, it stays.

· Registered
7,550 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 19 2005, 02:18 PM~3843616
Dude, you're fighting mental health if you think you can convince him he's wrong.  I guess if you put your foot in your mouth enough times, it stays.
he sounds like a car audio salesmans wet dream....."cant buy welding wire its not good enough for car audio applications"

paying less than $1.50 a foot > $3.59 a foot

· 2GUNZ
20,820 Posts
Well then what type of Welding wire are you using. Secondly, if you were to look at my AVATAR you will see that I am in the Navy. I have been installing since like 91, and I tried the whole Welding wire thing. What I said was that you can run Welding wire from the Alternator to the Distribution Box, but from there you should run Standard Car Stereo Power wire. If that was the case I am sure that you would be able to go to a car stereo shop, and there you would find a bunch of people running Welding wire, vice Stinger, Phoenix Gold, but I am sure that you know better then them, so go ahead, take care of yourself however you feel you need to be. Lastly if you are that into World finals, and all the rest of that bullshit, you should be able to get a discount price, and you should not be paying $3.59 a foot. I don't pay that much for power wire.

· Registered
7,550 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 19 2005, 09:04 PM~3846337
Well then what type of Welding wire are you using.  Secondly, if you were to look at my AVATAR you will see that I am in the Navy.  I have been installing since like 91, and I tried the whole Welding wire thing.  What I said was that you can run Welding wire from the Alternator to the Distribution Box, but from there you should run Standard Car Stereo Power wire.  If that was the case I am sure that you would be able to go to a car stereo shop, and there you would find a bunch of people running Welding wire, vice Stinger, Phoenix Gold, but I am sure that you know better then them, so go ahead, take care of yourself however you feel you need to be.  Lastly if you are that into World finals, and all the rest of that bullshit, you should be able to get a discount price, and you should not be paying $3.59 a foot.  I don't pay that much for power wire.
I could have a long drawn out reply but thats not going to change anything.... You think welding cable cannot be used in car audio applications then continue thinking that. And contrary to what you seem to think you know, the vast majority of compeititors out there pay full price for what they run and I was one of those people. Stop all the hate and relax rookie.. its not that bad

· 2GUNZ
20,820 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 20 2005, 12:22 AM~3847909
I could have a long drawn out reply but thats not going to change anything.... You think welding cable cannot be used in car audio applications then continue thinking that. And contrary to what you seem to think you know, the vast majority of compeititors out there pay full price for what they run and I was one of those people. Stop all the hate and relax rookie.. its not that bad
ROOKIE. HA Get over a 1,000 post and talk shit, NEWBIE

And even when I was on the scene, I did not know any compeititors that were paying full price, so you must not be that connected, and who are these compeititors that you know.

HMMM I wonder who this is. Remembered me from Stone Mountain GA.

Attachments

· Registered
7,550 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 20 2005, 08:43 AM~3848998
ROOKIE.  HA Get over a 1,000 post and talk shit, NEWBIE
*yawn* thats the best you can come up with? Im not talking shit, if I chose to Id have your bitchass doubting the existance of god and contemplating suicide...get some real skills and knowlege then try to step to my level chump...

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.