LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i'm looking to put a bed lift on my truck and i was wondering what cilynders should i use and how many pumps ,,,, i'm just gonna have it push up like a dump truck !!!!! please help i'm planning on building a radical truck

i was also wondering if they sell any kits for something like this ,,, i'm looking to make one like this!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone??????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
that one is a z rack. how to build a lowrider(book) has the plans in it to build That one!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by KILLAONEZ111@Aug 23 2005, 09:43 PM~3680200
Hey i'm looking to put a bed lift on my truck and i was wondering what cilynders should i use and how many pumps ,,,, i'm just gonna have it push up like a dump truck !!!!! please help  i'm planning on building a radical truck

i was also wondering if they sell any kits for something like this ,,, i'm looking to make one like this!!!!

Its called a z rack homie and the cover lift was probably done by an actuator or a few small cylinders.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
hey i think i got that guys number lemme look for it and ill hit you up

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
my homies truck. the bed has a piano hinge welded to the frame and a stock show time pump. and i can get you that cylinder if you need.

Attachments

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
thats cool, but whats to stop the bed from bouncing around and shit? theres nothing holding it down is there?

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
ooooohhhhh

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by pimpoldscutlass81@Aug 24 2005, 07:54 PM~3685890
my homies truck. the bed has a piano hinge welded to the frame and a stock show time pump. and i can get you that cylinder if you need.

thats exactly what i want to do ,,, my ranger is going to be sitting on 24's real soon and then gonna put some lambo doors ,, and later on juice it up with hydro's

what kind of cilynder is that ? well what size and where you live at

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by pimpoldscutlass81@Aug 24 2005, 07:54 PM~3685890

If i'm just going to do somthing simple like this ,, can't i just use the TAIL GATE hindges off of another truck.?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
it's 4 8'' cylinders. 2 lift back. one left side , one right side. later on after work ill post up some plans for your s-10. I got them here cause im doing one too. to my s-10 .

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Originally posted by KILLAONEZ111@Aug 25 2005, 03:59 AM~3688167
If i'm just going to do somthing simple like this ,, can't i just use the TAIL GATE hindges off of another truck.?

no the guage metal they use for a tail gate hinge can support only a tailgate, not a whole bed, im in southern california. i forget exactly what size it is, i can get the info for you this weekend when i go up to his house to get my batt charger

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
this is all i can copy. i dont really have a lot of time to draw it up. heres a taste. I dont know why anyone hasnt posted any before but, youd probably get in trouble LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Originally posted by KILLAONEZ111@Aug 23 2005, 09:43 PM~3680200
Hey i'm looking to put a bed lift on my truck and i was wondering what cilynders should i use and how many pumps ,,,, i'm just gonna have it push up like a dump truck !!!!! please help  i'm planning on building a radical truck

pm thekrush that's his truck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts