LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 extra pump and 2 extra 8 inch cylinders.....I was wondering how I could setup them up to lift or tilt the bed of my truck...How and where would I mount my cylinders and what else would I need? This is an 87" mazda B2200 extra-cab. Can anybody post a few pictures on this and explain with full detail??? Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
You will need a Z-rack, or build one.
Also depending on where you wants the pumps to be setup.
Inside the bed, which mean you will have to cut it out, or underneath the bed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is a z rack and how do you build one? Any Pics??? i already have my other pumps in my bed and its already cut out....thanks

·
Super Triple Double OG OG
22,642 Posts
some hinges and and a stick........

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2slow@Sep 25 2003, 01:21 PM
what is a z rack and how do you build one? Any Pics??? i already have my other pumps in my bed and its already cut out....thanks
Well, depending on how you have the setup inside the bed, you can have a tilt bed or a dancing bed.
If you want a dancing bed, than yes, you will need a Z-rack.
But you dont need one for a tilt bed.
Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well if i decide for it to be a dancing bed how do i build a z-rack and what do i make it out of...also where do i mount it exactly???? and if i decided to go with a tilt bed how would i go about doing this

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2slow@Sep 27 2003, 12:26 PM
well if i decide for it to be a dancing bed how do i build a z-rack and what do i make it out of...also where do i mount it exactly???? and if i decided to go with a tilt bed how would i go about doing this
They already sell the Z-racks made. Just ready for it to be welded onto to the insides of the frame.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i dont know of anyone that sells a weld in z rack, i dont think they have sold them sence the 90s. do lots of R and D befor you make or do anything cause it can be dangerous and you can really fuck your truck up. best advise i can give is measure twice and cut once. . . . . . .look through the forum on this site there was an oold post about it thats how i built mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.