LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1 extra pump and 2 extra 8 inch cylinders.....I was wondering how I could setup them up to lift or tilt the bed of my truck...How and where would I mount my cylinders and what else would I need? This is an 87" mazda B2200 extra-cab. Can anybody post a few pictures on this and explain with full detail??? Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
You will need a Z-rack, or build one.
Also depending on where you wants the pumps to be setup.
Inside the bed, which mean you will have to cut it out, or underneath the bed.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is a z rack and how do you build one? Any Pics??? i already have my other pumps in my bed and its already cut out....thanks

·
Super Triple Double OG OG
22,640 Posts
some hinges and and a stick........

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Originally posted by cruize1@Sep 25 2003, 06:53 AM
You will need a Z-rack, or build one.
Also depending on where you wants the pumps to be setup.
Inside the bed, which mean you will have to cut it out, or underneath the bed.
what he said :cool:

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2slow@Sep 25 2003, 01:21 PM
what is a z rack and how do you build one? Any Pics??? i already have my other pumps in my bed and its already cut out....thanks
Well, depending on how you have the setup inside the bed, you can have a tilt bed or a dancing bed.
If you want a dancing bed, than yes, you will need a Z-rack.
But you dont need one for a tilt bed.
Hope this helps.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well if i decide for it to be a dancing bed how do i build a z-rack and what do i make it out of...also where do i mount it exactly???? and if i decided to go with a tilt bed how would i go about doing this

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2slow@Sep 27 2003, 12:26 PM
well if i decide for it to be a dancing bed how do i build a z-rack and what do i make it out of...also where do i mount it exactly???? and if i decided to go with a tilt bed how would i go about doing this
They already sell the Z-racks made. Just ready for it to be welded onto to the insides of the frame.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i dont know of anyone that sells a weld in z rack, i dont think they have sold them sence the 90s. do lots of R and D befor you make or do anything cause it can be dangerous and you can really fuck your truck up. best advise i can give is measure twice and cut once. . . . . . .look through the forum on this site there was an oold post about it thats how i built mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts