LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd attempt on making a beddancer, gona sorta keep it a secret so this is all you get until i finish it, hehe im so evil. i also tryed out a new ubar system, inspired be jevries's front lift on his r/c lowrider models. chassis made completely out of box styrene and alluminum (couldnt find brass)

this is the new u-bar system used. also, big up to ScratchBuilderV for the rear lift and box styrene idea.

enjoy the pictures.

·
Registered
824 Posts
yeah fo real keep us posted i wanna see this !! it looks like it's gonna be tight ... ;)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you did? oh. it is kinda hard to see in thats hood with yur webcam. guess i didnt invent it but it works good.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by jevries@Jan 3 2004, 01:43 AM
Looks good homie! What I wonder is, I once tried the way you did the backlift on both sides but in my case it didn't dance smooth because there was too much friction. How do they slide?
Maybe Scratchbuilder can tell since he has the finished product. ;)
yo J, they slide realy well, they will slide even better when i install the scissor lift and get some more wieght in the back, but yeah, friction is a problem, and i had to be carefull wheen glueing stuff on them, so i didnt glue the axel to the slider. but i think its great, mianly because i cant solder worth shit, so theat rear axel would have been hard to make.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Nice to see someone ells is trying the Square Cylinder Setup. :thumbsup:
It's true they do need a bit of weight. For my Doge truck I had to change the front set-up to a U bar system because of the lack of weight in the front. But the square cylinder set up works very well in the back of the truck. Also putting a small amount of oil, helps the set up work better.

Here's what I did to my square cylinder set-up to maxamize the travel.

Cut slits on the two sides of the larger square tube.

Last edited by ScratchBuilderV at Jan 3 2004, 02:16 PM

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ohhhh that explains alot. i may have to try that, but im out of tubing so this will do. looks cool thanks for the 3d image

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Side to side works very well. And I do like jervries idea of adding an axle so the tires stay flat on the ground.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update* i added some more structure to it so it isnt just "bones". and i added the first stage of a z-rack. it turned out realy good. pictures will be posted today.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by babybikeboi2@Jan 4 2004, 07:07 PM
update* i added some more structure to it so it isnt just "bones". and i added the first stage of a z-rack. it turned out realy good. pictures will be posted today.
man, i cant wait to see, this one. what body are using for it? are you using the yellow truck? or have you got a new one?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by hopper_ali+Jan 4 2004, 11:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hopper_ali @ Jan 4 2004, 11:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--babybikeboi2@Jan 4 2004, 07:07 PM
man, i cant wait to see, this one. what body are using for it? are you using the yellow truck? or have you got a new one?[/b][/quote]
yeah im useing your truck. its gona be awesome

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Originally posted by babybikeboi2+Jan 4 2004, 06:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (babybikeboi2 @ Jan 4 2004, 06:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--tonedeaf@Jan 4 2004, 02:57 PM
i might have to bootlegg you idea,  i need to finish my dodge ram
go right ahead man. also anyone else wanna try this out go ahead[/b][/quote]
il be doing the same idea

gonna be a lil diff tho

btw I NEED PICS OF THE DAMN Z-RACK!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
actually another update. i ripped out the z-rack because i dont think im ready to build one. this ones gona have i scissor lift. i decided this because i havent built a secsessfull one yet. so im gona give it another try.

·
Registered
434 Posts
How much better does that u-bar setup work?

-twin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts