LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a set of dub spintek rims, unfortunately I had to use the stok tires due to the size of the rims, but still looks halfway decent for my frist try I guess, went through three cut-off dremel wheels to cut them down though. The body is being painted now, flip flop copper to green plast-kote paint. I maight bmf the trim but I have not decided yet. I have also been thinking about installing some led's for headlights and taillights, and possibly use some of that neon wire for some underbody lights. Being that I am at work i will take some pics when I get home from work tonight and post them up.

Last edited by caprice on dz at Oct 9 2003, 09:51 AM

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll try to get a decent one

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i have gone through 2 bad cans of the flip flop paint, and it is still fucked up. no matter how light of a coat i apply it still comes out fogged up, but from a distance you can see the color. i will have to stripp the paint and try something else i guess. i only wish i knew what color i was going to use . now onto the wheels,
i took two pics and they sort of capture the spin, kind of hard cause my camera has a few second delay before it snaps the pic.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well heres an interesting one. frustrated with the paint job, i said fuck it and decided to finish of a can of testors transparent candy red on the body, and it actually looks neat. the flip flop paint was fogging up but it would show its color from a distance, but it now gives the red a deeper metalic look and being that there was flat black under the flipflop the red is darker. unfortunatly it is to dark to take photos tonight but i will when i get off work tommorow.

i found these neat looking christmas light today for 2 bucks at rite aid. they look like led's. i am going to use them for headlights. i took a pic of the where i drilled a hole in the center of the cars headlight but i might completely remove the stock headlight and make a lense of some sort and put the lights behind it. for the taillights the will be behind the red plastic lights.

its amazing what you can think up and do when your bored.

this pic is with the light sticking out of the drilled hole in the headlight area on the car. pics kind of fuzzy though. also i haven't decided that since going with the candy red should i keep the gold bumpers or alclad chrome them?

well so long for tonight

Phill D.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by jevries@Oct 8 2003, 03:46 PM
Bring it on! :biggrin:
hell it take me years before i could contend with your brain,
we should call you the mad scientist or doctor frankenstine or something like that. much props

Phill D.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
most deffinately on better tires, funds are short right now with having to fix my car and i just wanted to be able to drive for now

Last edited by caprice on dz at Oct 8 2003, 09:22 PM

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by caprice on dz@Oct 8 2003, 06:56 PM
i haven't decided that since going with the candy red should i keep the gold bumpers or alclad chrome them?

well so long for tonight

Phill D.
If you want them chrome, i wouldn't do alclad. Since it is an R/C and will probably see a lot of use, i'm sure the alclad would get dull from touching it. I would just send em' out to get replated. :biggrin:

Looks good btw!! :cool:

·
Registered
772 Posts
them rims look pretty pimp, that makes me want to throw spinners on my R/C truck. :biggrin: but it needs lower profile tires. :dunno:

·
Registered
330 Posts
They don't make them 1/12 scale. You can find them on the 1/18 Dub City Cadillac Escalade, Chevy Silverado and Dodge Ram. They are supposed to be 20" but they're more 26" - 28" in 1/18 scale.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I got em off ebay but I kinda got ripped.
I used buy it now and payed $3.50 for them and $6
for shipping and when I get the package they were $2
to ship, but isn’t that how it always seems to work with ebay.
By the way the paint looked pretty decent this morning, a few
runs but I will worry about that later. Since I plan to get some
use out of this thing I will wait till it shows some wear and tear
and then repaint it the way I wanted it to be. I think next time
I will use the dupli-color mirage paint on it. I will check the
voltage on the lights when I get home this evening.

Later,
Phill D.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
where can you get wheels for the radio shack 64's??? lemmeknow and is it hard to take off the body??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts