LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how the hell did i bend a cylinder only had them a month and it just goes up/down
they were showtime comp 8in just ordered some new 8in. from cce but how can i keep it from happenning again

·
Registered
271 Posts
Originally posted by blazer78@Sep 10 2005, 04:56 PM~3788812
how the hell did i bend a cylinder only had them a month and it just goes up/down
they were showtime comp 8in just ordered some new 8in. from cce but how can i keep it from happenning again
what do you mean up/down the cylinder goes up and then goes straight down with out dumping or what

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by blazer78@Sep 10 2005, 01:56 PM~3788812
well if you ordered them from CCE you fucked up what color is the cylinder

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i ment that the set up only does up/down but i bent a cylinder and want to know why it happened a how/if i can stop it from happenning again the ones i have are crome from showtime the ones the shop here ordered are crome from cce

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by blazer78@Sep 10 2005, 02:42 PM~3788959
no i ment that the set up only does up/down but i bent a cylinder and want to know why it happened a how/if i can stop it from happenning again the ones i have are crome from showtime the ones the shop here ordered are crome from cce
i dont see how you bent a cylinder up front i have had showtime cylinders the ones
i use are yellow they are the competetion cylinders no problems ;)

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
wus your truck 4wd and you made it 2wd ? Wus it the front right cylinder that bent ?

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
I think cause you left it 4wd thats wut is messing things up, how did you do the front suspension wit the 4wd ? and wut size cylinders did you use up front ? The 4wd frame only has bout 5 inches of travel so you should not be using any thing bigger than a 6 inch cylinder

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
shit i got 8" showtimes all the way around.The fats (a little biger than medi) with black top feed cases.hope they hold up.

but i always here bad things abour cce strokes.maybes its just there cheap ones though. but my 2 fav cylinders are the old school reds and the brass colored pro hoppers.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got them in there and 8in is just right on an s-10 i''ll get pics of it asap
i just bent one how does that happen?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The guy at the shop here in town swears by cce and has a toyota mini and a regal
(g-body) with all cce i have all showtime but bent one of the cylenders now it leaks so he ordered a new set of cce comp cylenders and said i won't have a problem with those

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by blazer78@Sep 10 2005, 01:56 PM~3788812

By not purchasing CCE cylinders, now you gone have another headache on your hands, ask anyone :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok then what cylinders should i use and does anybody have a duel dump setup for a showtime pump for sale

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
dont sweat what everyone is sayn about cce i have had a pair of 8's on the front of my car for over 3 years and ive only rebuilt one side once

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
CCE has had a bad rap on there cylinders,I personally never ran them but i wont experiment,supposedly they are making them better now but i have heard nothing but good shit about showtime's cyl. :biggrin:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok well the guy at the shop is doing a warrenty swap from my showtime becase he did the install so it didnt cost anything for me now i am looking for a duel dump assemble if anybody has one for sale for a showtime pump and thank you for the info

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just wanted to put my 02¢ in. I was GIVEN some brand-new never-pushed CCE 8s. I had them in for about a week. left them lifted, NOT LOCKED overnight. Next thing I knew they were leaking. Then as I was hopping around a little bit one day, I bent the hell outta one. (Damn shallow spring cups).

Anyway, lesson learned. I bought some Red's... I hope these are going to work a little better.

YL.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts