LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to find good deals on used amps and speakers at the pawnshop and homies, but not sure what to look for these days.
I just need to push a couple of 10s or 12s for my daily, nothing big.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
i had good luck with a old BOSS amp from a pawn show once it was only like 90 bucks and it did real good on my kicker comp 12's

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
eh its easier to give suggestions if we know what the power and budget restraints are.... and honestly good equipment at a pawnshop costs damn near as much as it does new

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I saw a 2 channel Memphis 1000d for a $100 ans a set of 12inch Memphis for a $100 also. I was like that good then i saw like other stuff like sony, alpine and off brand stuff about the same price.
made me think the pawnshop didn't know what they had or maybe amps are all bout the same these days :dunno:
It's going in my daily, so I'm wanting to spend little as possible.

·
que..
12,562 Posts
go for some old school shit, if you can find some that are new or lightly used. Stay away from Sony amps, they're good for someone who likes a little boom, but if you're looking for hair-shaking shit--go elsewhere.

·
Registered
873 Posts
i found both of my memphis amps at pawnshops. paid 200 for one and 175 for the other. them bitches were 600 brand new so i came out with a good deal. you just got to know what your looking at.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by incman78@Dec 21 2008, 08:37 PM~12493080
i found both of my memphis amps at pawnshops. paid 200 for one and 175 for the other. them bitches were 600 brand new so i came out with a good deal. you just got to know what your looking at.
how about 2 channel Memphis 1000d for a $100?

·
Registered
145 Posts
;) you can usually go by the brand and if the amp has some weight to it cuz if it says 1000 watts and it dont weigh shit and the amp next to it says 200 watts and its has some good weight to it i would pick up the heavier amp it is good to know the brand and the era the amp was made ;)

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by lazy14@Dec 23 2008, 12:31 PM~12507284
;) you can usually go by the brand and if the amp has some weight to it cuz if it says 1000 watts and it dont weigh shit and the amp next to it says 200 watts and its has some good weight to it i would pick up the heavier amp it is good to know the brand and the era the amp was made  ;)
stop giving shit advice....

·
Registered
145 Posts
stop giving shit advice.... :nono:

im not from scrapville i dont give shit advice its jus my opinion if you dont like it then dont read it

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by lazy14@Dec 23 2008, 12:31 PM~12507284
;) you can usually go by the brand and if the amp has some weight to it cuz if it says 1000 watts and it dont weigh shit and the amp next to it says 200 watts and its has some good weight to it i would pick up the heavier amp it is good to know the brand and the era the amp was made  ;)

what?!, you think your in the produce section or something... Your method might work with melons, but amplifiers; lol

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
And to the topic starter... If you go to your local pawn shop, take a note of the model of the amplifiers that are available, you can easily go to google.com and check up on user feedback of the amps...

You can narrow the number of amplifiers you do a little research on by staying within the RMS wattage @ ?ohm you will need..

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Originally posted by Sporty@Jan 12 2009, 03:15 PM~12680943
what?!, you think your in the produce section or something... Your method might work with melons, but amplifiers; lol
I was like WHAT THE FUCK? Good info, I am going to start filling mine up with lead so when they sell the guy will know he has some quallity shit. Fuckin "the heavy one is you best bet". Jesus.

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by lazy14+Dec 23 2008, 10:31 AM~12507284-->
[/b]
so because my ppi weigls less than your legasy it must be better huh? :uh:

<!--QuoteBegin-lazy14
@Dec 26 2008, 10:33 AM~12530340
stop giving shit advice.... :nono:
im not from scrapville i dont give shit advice its jus my opinion if you dont like it then dont read it
yes , it was shit advise......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts