LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. Most people use 12 compressors instead ov engine driven or nitrogen. I just got a new alternator with 200 amps. So lack of power is not a problem. I'm curently using 2 Thomas comp. Into a 5 gallon tank, and I have the nitrogen in case i have to show off a little bit. So what do you think is better. Buying 4 more thomas compressors or get 2 good viar or one big one?????? :uh:

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Get more than 5 gallons of air.. Your compressors are basically refilling your bags, not your tank.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
If you have a nitrogen bottle you wont really need a larger air tank because the bottle will refill the air tank in no time. Keep the compressors you have already got and use them for everyday use, when you don't need the tank to refill quickly.

An engine-driven York compressor is the best option, if you have room for one. Failing that a single Oasis compressor will out-perform 10 small Thomas compressors, will be cheaper and will take up less space.

Mike

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by fabian@Aug 19 2005, 11:40 PM~3661150
get 15 gallons of air in tanks,.. a fast compressor like york or oasis and you will be having real fun!
How much are Oasis compressors and how complicated is the install.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Scorpion@Aug 20 2005, 10:48 PM~3663839
How much are Oasis compressors and how complicated is the install.
How much?: $799 to $1300 around that.
Same dificulty as the regular compressors. ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by AirRide@Aug 20 2005, 09:50 PM~3664012
How much?: $799 to $1300 around that.
Same dificulty as the regular compressors. ;)
So why spend that much when a york is around 200 and uses up a hell of lot less amps, does it perform better, is it the space that not everyone has?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actuali is the fabrication that is involved in putting a york in place. I've never seen it done in a civic. Thats why I don't wanna spend $200 and not be able to instal that shit :(

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by yodawagon@Aug 22 2005, 12:42 AM~3667946
sell the import. buy a chevy. they got a kit for your none fabricating ass.

get a bigger tank. forget a 5 gallon.
If I had the money I would get a 64 impala. Hydro tho. But since I dont. I just keep my civic. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts