LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 84 cutlass, wanna do as much as possible. I'm coming from a 03 S10 with air ride, blew lines and compressors left and right. Had it for a year. So now on to bigger and better things. Anyone got any ideas what I can get.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]@Oct 7 2003, 09:50 PM
i would keep it at 2 pumps, 4 dumps, 6 batteries, 2 ton coils all the way around and 8s up front with 10s at the most in the back. No hopping or 3 wheeling :cool:

Just for a daily anyway :cool:
with that set-up you would have 3 wheel motion

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by dreday+Oct 7 2003, 11:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dreday @ Oct 7 2003, 11:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><[email protected]@Oct 7 2003, 09:50 PM
i would keep it at 2 pumps, 4 dumps, 6 batteries, 2 ton coils all the way around and 8s up front with 10s at the most in the back.  No hopping or 3 wheeling :cool:

with that set-up you would have 3 wheel motion[/b][/quote]
I meant he shouldn't 3-wheel with a daily :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]+Oct 7 2003, 09:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([email protected] @ Oct 7 2003, 09:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2003, 11:58 PM
<[email protected]
@Oct 7 2003, 09:50 PM
i would keep it at 2 pumps, 4 dumps, 6 batteries, 2 ton coils all the way around and 8s up front with 10s at the most in the back.  No hopping or 3 wheeling :cool:

I meant he shouldn't 3-wheel with a daily :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
why not??? People do it all the time....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
hey just go with a 2 pump 6 batt set up for your first time no hopping no 3 wheeling but please reinforce the car and no u cant 3 wheel with 2 pumps only around turns

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by hoppin91lac@Oct 7 2003, 10:04 PM
hey just go with a 2 pump 6 batt set up for your first time no hopping no 3 wheeling but please reinforce the car and no u cant 3 wheel with 2 pumps only around turns
Duh....like I said....3 wheel MOTION....

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by dreday+Oct 8 2003, 12:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dreday @ Oct 8 2003, 12:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected]@Oct 7 2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2003, 11:58 PM
<[email protected]
@Oct 7 2003, 09:50 PM

I meant he shouldn't 3-wheel with a daily :biggrin:
why not??? People do it all the time....[/b][/quote]
and with no reinforcement(i am sure there will be none for a daily from the way he sounds) he should not do it, very rarely if he does.

I am not gonna argue with you just because I know the right way to build a fucking honda and you disagree. So lets not let that subject carry over into trying to help someone else out on a non-honda :cool:

Last edited by [email protected] at Oct 8 2003, 12:12 AM

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
homie,

for you first set-up keep it basic, you can get a comprehensive kit nowadays for under $1000, look at the prohopper all chrome kit for instance---$795.

do an 8 in the front, and 10 in the back, most likely these will be street cylinders and not comps. comps are better but cost more.

run 36 voltz to each pump as you get better on the switch if its a #6 pump, progressively max out to 60 voltz.

and yes, 2 pumps, and 4 dumps, get oil filled dumps such as italians, good operating dumps for under $60.

reinforce the frame 1/4 all the way around. this may sound like overkill now, but eventually as your hydro knowledge progresses, you will become more aggressive with your present and future hydro set-ups.

for now avoid 3 wheels and dog legging, this requires close to or at locking your cylinders.

get comfortable with the switch and your set-up, slowly but surely you will progress.

welcome to the wonderful world of hydros homie.

:cool: ,

cc

Last edited by Cruz_Campos at Oct 7 2003, 10:57 PM

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by hoppin91lac@Oct 7 2003, 10:59 PM
listen to cruz
;) :cheesy:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys, like I said, im coming from a air setup which I couldnt really 3 wheel with a 7-8" lift from the bag. I probably wont in the cut either. So what exact kit you guys think? Thanks so far. And can I install it? I installed my air ride on the s10 with no probs. Just never worked with hydro's before.

Later

EDIT: Oh yea, what about accumulators? and the street charger. I'm definatly looking into those two items along with any kit I buy.

Edit2: 2003 All Chrome Kit Special $795.00 Damn thats nice. Just add batteries? heh

Last edited by chemicalhigh at Oct 8 2003, 02:40 AM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts