LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be alot of juiced rides in FL, Whos doin them out there? can some of the FL homies let me know? lookin for a shop that does Quality work,not some backyard hack shit. post pics if you got em

thanx

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont doubt you do good work homie, looking for a actual shop though. You know has a buisness phone, takes credit card, can provide reciepts,indoor work space.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Originally posted by G-OD BODY@May 9 2009, 05:04 PM~13837994
I dont doubt you do good work homie, looking for a actual shop though. You know has a buisness phone, takes credit card, can provide reciepts,indoor work space.
You can go talk to my boy in deerfield beach, fl his name is eric and he owns "PHATS CUSTOMS" he has been installing juice for over 15 years. the shop phone number is 954-571-3804. Tell him chuck sent you over.

The address is 170 e. hillsboro blvd. deerfield beach,fl 33441

·
Registered
234 Posts
I see this post is a few years old.. but I'm currently in Plant City, FL (Between Tampa & Lakeland)... looking for some quality experienced shop to give me a good deal on installing some hydro's on my 63 impala.. Closer to Plant City the better!

Thanks,

Mike

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
I see this post is a few years old.. but I'm currently in Plant City, FL (Between Tampa & Lakeland)... looking for some quality experienced shop to give me a good deal on installing some hydro's on my 63 impala.. Closer to Plant City the better!

Thanks,

Mike
I dont know if you got burned before or something and thats why your asking for a shop that takes credit card or what. I will say that their are dudes in FL that do some badass work and do it in their garage or back yards. I do good work and am in the tampa area. My boy Ruben with High hitter Hydraulics does good work to .... hes in Orlando. If its about getting your car hooked up with a credit card.... there are a couple options that the garage builder can do to take a credit card with the smart phones.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I dont know if you got burned before or something and thats why your asking for a shop that takes credit card or what. I will say that their are dudes in FL that do some badass work and do it in their garage or back yards. I do good work and am in the tampa area. My boy Ruben with High hitter Hydraulics does good work to .... hes in Orlando. If its about getting your car hooked up with a credit card.... there are a couple options that the garage builder can do to take a credit card with the smart phones.
I have zero experience w/ hydraulics.. lowriders. Ever since my first lowrider magazine when I was 11 or 12 years old.. late 80s.. I've been wanted a lowrider. Never had the money growing up... Now I'm in my mid 30s.. Sold off a few of my other toys and got some money to put into my impala that's been sitting collecting dust, being used for a storage shelf, etc.. for almost 2 years.

My Dad thinks I'm retarded to throw that kind of money into the suspension.. and starts shaking his head when mention hydraulics. I got cash.. so credit card isn't an issue. I need an honest person with experience.. For instance, a few people I've spoken too said I don't need to reinforce the frame.. they said I have an X frame.. not really necessary. Then I read on LIL.. you've got to be out of your mind if you don't reinforce the weak X frame.

I was thinking North Tampa Customs. I've heard good things about them from LIL. I think North Tampa reinforces at least the stress points? But I really don't know. I think I seen him commenting stating he does. I'm also talking with Jr's Hydraulics in Plant City.. very close to me. I'm leaning towards Jr's Hydraulics b/c he's down the street.. but he also said I don't need to reinforce the frame. Or maybe he said only the stress points too.. I'll find out here soon. I'm going to meet w/ him this Sunday to discuss it. Jr gave me a price for 2 pumps, 8 batteries, hard lined.

When I mentioned Hard lined to North Tampa, he was steering me away from it. He said he can put some stainless steel braided lines in there for a few bucks more. Not sure if he's steering clear from hardline's because that will eat into his profits, cause problems down the road, or whatever. North Tampa Customs isn't very far either.

I just want it done right, look clean.. and be reliable.. I'll be cruising w/ my kids/family 90% of the time so it's gotta be safe/reliable.

From reading on LIL.. I'm looking for:

2 or 3 chrome pumps
6 or 8 batteries w/ rack
4 dumps?
Wishbone
Chain bridge? is that necessary if you got a wishbone? See.. I don't know anything.

Not sure what size cylinders I should be running.. but I want to 3 wheel.. or whats the point? So I think 12" or better in the rear? 8" or 10" in the front.. Chrome or polished cylinders.

Hard line
Power balls
Accumulators (if not now, at least plumb it so I can add them later)
Faucet style slow down valves

That's why I was kind of leaning towards North Tampa too.. I know where he's at. If I have problems I can stop by or have it towed.

So with that being said.. I'm still open to, looking for someone to install the hydros. I'd like to see some of their previous work... I'd like to know it's going to get done right the first time.

Thanks for responding, man!

·
16,068 Posts
There's no plumbing to be done for accumulators to add them later. It's just a tee fitting added Inline to the pressure side either at the dump or cylinder. Install them before doing hard lining so you don't have to re-do the lines. I'd suggest 4 dumps, 3 pumps, chrome cylinders, 8" cylinders in front and 12" in back. Good luck, definately on your way to a nice quality install by doing all your research first.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks bro! Fast forward to 2-8-13... I got 2 pumps, 4 dumps, 8"chrome in the front, 12" in the rear. 6 batteries. ( only bought 3 so far and waiting on the the upper a arms. I got a cool dude from lil giving me a hand, answering all my q's. he built my rack and helped me w/ juicing the rear. I bent my driveshaft and ordered a aluminum hd carrier bearing. Looking for a new drive shaft with slip yoke and prolly notch my x frame tunnel. Wired up my switches...So that's where I'm at. Lol tons of work left, but I already spent over what the other places quoted me on parts.. And I still got a lot left to do part wise.. Y bone soon to come!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh.. Don't think imma go with accumulators. I'm diggin the bounce lol

·
Still on one....
6,513 Posts
Definitely notch the tunnel....and are you still using the stock lower trailing arms in the rear..???..never take the chance on your stock frame always reinforce it..they all will give...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts