LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT IS ANYBODY'S BEST PRICE ON ALL GOLD 13'S, AND IF THE CAR ISN'T DRIVEN IN THE RAIN WILL THEY STILL FADE IF THEY ARE NOT DAYTONS??

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Take it from me, if you are gonna do all golds you better not roll it too much. Buy the 3X golds, they will last alot longer and look much better.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by dayton roller+Nov 11 2003, 01:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dayton roller @ Nov 11 2003, 01:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dirtywhiteboy66@Nov 11 2003, 05:20 PM
Take it from me, if you are gonna do all golds you better not roll it too much.  Buy the 3X golds, they will last alot longer and look much better.
why not?[/b][/quote]
They fade quickly in the sun, they are serious high maintenance, it has been a complete pain in my ass. The only reason that I am keeping them is because I need rims for my show car.

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Nov 11 2003, 06:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Nov 11 2003, 06:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -dayton [email protected] 11 2003, 01:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--dirtywhiteboy66
@Nov 11 2003, 05:20 PM
Take it from me, if you are gonna do all golds you better not roll it too much.  Buy the 3X golds, they will last alot longer and look much better.

why not?
They fade quickly in the sun, they are serious high maintenance, it has been a complete pain in my ass. The only reason that I am keeping them is because I need rims for my show car.[/b][/quote]
you must not have real daytons?
daytons gold don't fade in the sun like the restof them

·
Registered
80 Posts
actually back in the day i had some 17in center golds "Real daytons" on vogues hehe

and they were starting to fade around the nipples and the edge of the spokes

so if i were me again when i bought them, i woulda just put them on staurdays and rolled stock thru the week, or on chromes

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by TiggerLS@Nov 12 2003, 05:44 PM
actually back in the day i had some 17in center golds "Real daytons" on vogues hehe

and they were starting to fade around the nipples and the edge of the spokes

so if i were me again when i bought them, i woulda just put them on staurdays and rolled stock thru the week, or on chromes
my all gold centered daytons haven't faded yet and had them almost a year but i don't drive my ride everyday or in the rain so that helps alot.

Last edited by dayton roller at Nov 12 2003, 06:00 PM

·
Registered
124 Posts
4 show great, but leave at least the rim dish chrome, hey to each is own, I think gold is harder to polish and does not shine as much as chrome, my 2 cents, the old school 72 spoke triple gold daytons were the shit with like a white emblem on the spinner, just set itself off with a nice whitewall......... I notice gold plated rims have dropped a bit each year, I said a bit , not alot.... later.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** That why they sell them hand held gold touch up machines right ??? i was looking into buying one to keep my rims looking new

Last edited by STREET SWEEPAZ at Nov 21 2003, 01:59 AM

·
Registered
29,008 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Nov 21 2003, 01:59 AM
** That why they sell them hand held gold touch up machines right ??? i was looking into buying one to keep my rims looking new
look to keep gold lookin new ,,,you need to powder coat clear over it....keeps it new lookin,i hear thats daytons way,ive seen the cars from elite cc...thats how its done!!

·
Registered
29,008 Posts
IM SORRY ONLY ON SPECIAL ORDER WHEELS.....THE PROMBLEN IS WHEN WE PUT THESE IN THE OVEN TO BAKE POWDERON THE SEAL WILL MELT IN THE OVEN....THEN YOU HAVE TO REMOVE SEAL,AND RE SEAL....ITS HARD....

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by homeboyz+Nov 21 2003, 03:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (homeboyz @ Nov 21 2003, 03:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--STREET SWEEPAZ@Nov 21 2003, 01:59 AM
look to keep gold lookin new ,,,you need to powder coat clear over it....keeps it new lookin,i hear thats daytons way,ive seen the cars from elite cc...thats how its done!![/b][/quote]
I was thinkin the same thing... That would be the ultimate undercarraige...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts