LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm just wondering what are, in your opinion, the top 3 100 spoke 14 inch rim brands besides Daytons? Just wondering cause I'm looking for a cheap but solid rim. Here in Canada Player's are on crazy backorder too so I'd probably have to go another route.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Honestly if you can take care of them, the chinas are good wheels. If you cant give em the attention they need, they will rust though. I wouldnt go with any gold options on the chinas though, the chrome versions are good though. Mine are true and done leak, and I keep a little oil on the spokes and nipples and they are like new after 2 years.

·
Man on a mission
54,030 Posts
Originally posted by 59Impala@Jul 21 2005, 05:51 AM
Honestly if you can take care of them, the chinas are good wheels. If you cant give em the attention they need, they will rust though.  I wouldnt go with any gold options on the chinas though, the chrome versions are good though.  Mine are true and done leak, and I keep a little oil on the spokes and nipples and they are like new after 2 years.
[snapback]3448485[/snapback]​
VERY TRUE

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
chinas are fine until your neighbors dog pisses on your rim....im still getting the rust off!!!!!..... next time it wanders into my yard i think he might accidentally walk into a bullet

·
Registered
742 Posts
Ive had the same set of players for about 3 years and never had any probs. Been thru rain, snow, ice, salt, everything and no rust. or leaks.

·
Man on a mission
54,030 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Jul 21 2005, 08:12 AM
chinas are fine until your neighbors dog pisses on your rim....im still getting the rust off!!!!!..... next time it wanders into my yard i think he might accidentally walk into a bullet
[snapback]3449103[/snapback]​
POST PICS :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by D-Cheese@Jul 21 2005, 12:10 PM
POST PICS  :thumbsup:
[snapback]3449414[/snapback]​
[attachmentid=218728]

you can see where it ran across the hub......its a bitch trying to get it all off....you should have seen it when it happened..pure coat of rust everywhere piss touched.. it must have something in it that just destroys chrome :angry:

Attachments

·
Man on a mission
54,030 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Jul 21 2005, 09:40 AM
[attachmentid=218728]

you can see where it ran across the hub......its a bitch trying to get it all off....you should have seen it when it happened..pure coat of rust everywhere piss touched.. it must have something in it that just destroys chrome  :angry:
[snapback]3449571[/snapback]​
NO I MENT A PIC OF THE DOG AND THE BULLET :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Jul 21 2005, 09:12 AM
[snapback]3449103[/snapback]​

man i had that peroblem too. but my D's held up to it.

I'm stillin likein mcleans myself

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i had a set of L.A wires i ordered like 8 years ago. next to dayton, they were the best as far as low maintanence. i kept them clean, but the person i sold them to doesnt clean them at all, and they are still virtually rust free. dont know if there quality is still like that though.

·
Man on a mission
54,030 Posts
Originally posted by DLK@Jul 21 2005, 12:53 PM
What do you use to take the rust off rims?
[snapback]3450925[/snapback]​
WIRE WHEEL CLEANER (ACID TYPE) AND A WIDE PAINT BRUSH AND ALOT OF TIME ? MAKE SURE TO CLEAN EM WITH THE WHEELS OFF THE CAR

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
naval jelly

·
Man on a mission
54,030 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Jul 21 2005, 01:44 PM
naval jelly
[snapback]3451298[/snapback]​
THAT WORKS TO ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts