LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think is the best sound quality sub made today???

·
Registered
807 Posts
Velodyne servo motored subs....

But really, do you realize how unimportant your sub decision is when it comes to sq? A subwoofer plays so little of the audio spectrum. I'd worry much more about your choice of mids and highs and their placement.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by JeremyD@Sep 14 2003, 06:44 PM
Velodyne servo motored subs....

But really, do you realize how unimportant your sub decision is when it comes to sq? A subwoofer plays so little of the audio spectrum. I'd worry much more about your choice of mids and highs and their placement.
yeah true im just wondering about peoples opinions

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Granted its the best SQ sub, well maybe Illusion audio is on par considering most music SUCKS on a velodyne do to the crappy recording sense most listeners don't have any thing decent to listen to on it, bass means nothing... but when your sub is dead on the music, and the music is not smooth because its not a real beat or poor recording it shows

Illusion is cheaper and sounds VERY good..... if you get ahold on it any how, not to common, and good luck any how, most have been around awhile

I don't think Velodyne sells a version to put in a vehical, only home audio pre boxed ones now

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The Pro Cast is an SQL Sub. . .

Velodyne is probably the best SQ on the market.

Besides that. . . OZ Audio Matrix subs sound so crisp and accurate. Focal's are way up there as well. The Utopia Series is too expensive, but yet, another great sounding sub. Illusion makes great products, and i love the motordesign. Really makes the subs installation flexible with the very shallow mounting depth. ID IDQ series are another great sounding sub. . . but i would have to say that Velodyne takes the crown. . and a few paychecks lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts