LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLANNING ON GETTING CHINAS DUE TO BUDGET. AND I KNOW THERE'S A LOT OF CATS OUT THERE USING THEM LOVE IT OR HATE IT. BUT THE ONES THAT ARE MAINTAINING THERE CHINAS AND SO FAR AR STILL LOOKING GOOD. ANY ADVICE TO TAKING CARE AND MAKING THE CHINAS LAST AS LONG AS POSSIBLE WHETHER IT'S RUST PREVENTION, FADING, ETC. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE IN ADVANCE. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,775 Posts
Give them a hug :)

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
15,502 Posts
your basically asking how to keep cheap plating looking it's best. The best way it to keep them as clean as possible with minimum exposure to the elements.

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by Crenshaw's Finest@Jan 9 2009, 07:01 PM~12657245
your basically asking how to keep cheap plating looking it's best. The best way it to keep them as clean as possible with minimum exposure to the elements.
x2

·
East Bay All Day
1,353 Posts
I had some triple gold chinas on my ride for 8 years...still have them, not a speck of rust on them. I don't drive in the rain save for a few times some sprinkles started up at a show or two. The only time they got wet is when I would wash them, and I would dry them immediately. I would also throw a coat of wax on them from time to time. Kind of hard to tell the condition of them from this pic but they are still in real good condition. Got some all chrome real daytons for it now. :thumbsup:

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Wash them with Ramen Noodle juice....... :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Crenshaw's Finest@Jan 9 2009, 09:01 PM~12657245
THANKS CRENSHAW. :thumbsup: :puffin:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Jan 9 2009, 10:07 PM~12658015
Wash them with Ramen Noodle juice....... :biggrin:
I JUST TRIED THAT AND LOOK WHAT IT DID. THERE WAS NO RUST BEFORE I WASHED THEM IN THE RAMON JUICE :angry:

:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by JROCK@Jan 9 2009, 07:51 PM~12657151
PLANNING ON GETTING CHINAS DUE TO BUDGET. AND I KNOW THERE'S A LOT OF CATS OUT THERE USING THEM LOVE IT OR HATE IT. BUT THE ONES THAT ARE MAINTAINING THERE CHINAS AND SO FAR AR STILL LOOKING GOOD. ANY ADVICE TO TAKING CARE AND MAKING THE CHINAS LAST AS LONG AS POSSIBLE WHETHER IT'S RUST PREVENTION, FADING, ETC. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE IN ADVANCE. :thumbsup:
don't be a lazy fucker :dunno: get out and wash thm once a week. drythem after you wash them with a compressor or go on a few mile drive to dry them :uh: I'll save you the whole you get what you pay for line and tell you you get out of something what you put into it. don't roast the tires... loose spokes, don't be lazy..... rust. If it snow's where your at take them off in the winter. Clean them with a quality wire wheel cleaner...... black spokes. Use anti sieze and not vasoline, or any other ghetto shit you can think of to put the ko's on. Wax em, it helps. and for sure go to a place that has mounted tires on a set of wire wheels before. For god sakes don't let them add weights to the front of the wheels. also black walls on ANY wire wheel will make them rust :cheesy: .... or atleast look like shit. My chinas look like the day I bought them by following these easy steps ;)

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by 1979mc@Jan 10 2009, 06:01 PM~12665080
I JUST TRIED THAT AND LOOK WHAT IT DID. THERE WAS NO RUST BEFORE I WASHED THEM IN THE RAMON JUICE :angry:

The picante flavors won't work. Has to be a regular flavor. :rofl:

·
1,395 Posts
Originally posted by ZENITH_OF_CALIFORNIA@Jan 10 2009, 11:26 PM~12666253
WD40

X 1,000,000

spray em down with WD40.....get in the nipples good...........then use a foam sponge to wash em inbetween.........rinse........then drive it round the block to get the water out of the nipples ;) at least once a week :cool:

mabe some wax if you like also. :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Originally posted by 1979mc@Jan 10 2009, 07:01 PM~12665080

DAMN,what was Ramon drinking???

1 - 20 of 48 Posts