LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best way to cut the doors trunk hood i was using string but it takes to long and some times not a straight line.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by angel85lx@Dec 8 2003, 06:08 PM
what is the best way to cut the doors trunk hood i was using string but it takes to long and some times not a straight line.
I stick with scribing with the back of a #11 blade, sitting in front of the TV. I never got a hang of the string method either.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
i've never tried either of those ways, i still just use an (almost) brand new razor blade to cut.... works fine i guess........

·
Registered
501 Posts
i use string, but it takes really long, and like you said, doesn't cut straight lines when youre working in tight spots or just get careless. When that happens, i just sand down what i need gone, or fill in with bondo and sand.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i have used all three ways and they all make me happy with the string method of you slant it you can cover more area and it will be a straiter line i also like to use a dental scribe

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I've tried the thread method & phucked up a cpl kits so I went back to using the back of a #11 exacto. Sometimes I'll use my saw ( like a lil jewelers hobby saw) once I get the line moving to where I wanna speed up the process. I have also learned to put some pinstriping tape just outside of my lines to avoid going off track. I've got that 3M stuff that I haven't been able to cut thru yet. So I highly recomend doin this. It saves you a lot of time mayn.

Peace

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
I scribe out the line a little deeper with a scribe, then i use the back of a #11 to start cutting, and finish with the string. Once you get the line deeper, the string makes quick work of it without many easy mistakes. i can prolly cut open a door (even around the window frame) in about 10-15 min.

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Dec 8 2003, 11:30 PM
I scribe out the line a little deeper with a scribe, then i use the back of a #11 to start cutting, and finish with the string. Once you get the line deeper, the string makes quick work of it without many easy mistakes. i can prolly cut open a door (even around the window frame) in about 10-15 min.
yup that the way ive been doing it for years

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I've tried the thread method & phucked up a cpl kits so I went back to using the back of a #11 exacto. Sometimes I'll use my saw ( like a lil jewelers hobby saw) once I get the line moving to where I wanna speed up the process. I have also learned to put some pinstriping tape just outside of my lines to avoid going off track. I'v

e got that 3M stuff that I haven't been able to cut thru yet. So I highly recomend doin this. It saves you a lot of time mayn.

Peace

awwww.... look at 2003 dig! along with the other OG's... very cool. Thanks Rev! you're not such a bad guy afterall.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Bet that comes out nice lol. Could of swore Kia's had 4 doors tho. That's right sometimes they don't open that's not covers in your 30 day buy one get one free warranty bwahahahahahaha

·
Fuck You
16,270 Posts
Bet that comes out nice lol. Could of swore Kia's had 4 doors tho. That's right sometimes they don't open that's not covers in your 30 day buy one get one free warranty bwahahahahahaha

^^^ :eek:hno:This faggot is following me

1 - 20 of 25 Posts