LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

i need some rubber for my 13x7's, i have decided to go for a 155/80. what brand tire do you guys recomend? i like the thin white wall...

i can get my hands on some coopers here in australia, and maybe some premium sportway 5.20's

what do you guys think?

thanks

lee

Last edited by kromatized at Nov 15 2003, 02:43 PM

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
COOPERS ARE GOOD TIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Last edited by BigNasty85Regal at Nov 15 2003, 12:06 AM

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so you reckon coopers are good. well thats cool coz there is a guy here who brings em in from the states so it should be easy to get my hands on a set...

they come in a few models yeah? any particular one to look for? i was once told cooper lifestyles if thats right? not sure...

lee

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think if you want a good ride - stay away from actual 5.20's

They are bias ply and have no steel belts. So, it's like riding on baloons - especially if you have some weight in your trunk - lifts, etc.

If you want the look, yeah, 5.20's are the way to go - Premium Sportway's, Coker Tire also make's some.

You can get something like Remington's that are steel belted, but the actual 5.20's give you that old school look.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i might just go for a nice radial, when i first got the car it had some og bias ply tires on it, but they were like 7.70's lol, the car drove crap and if it had been sitting in the same spot for a while it would get flat spots in the tires....i guess for an under sized tire a radial is the go, more strength...

lee

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal@Nov 15 2003, 02:05 AM
COOPERS ARE GOOD TIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Coopers are pretty good, I got Maxxums on the back, and they seem to be hanging in there. But Remingtons are good also.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i think the remingtons have the best look but the size is all wrong if it is going to be a daily b/c for me when i had the 155/80's they were always blowing out on me...so i went with the 175/70's...they give it the same look but are much more safer

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jonnyboy,

at this stage its pretty much a weekend cruiser not a daily.

you got a 64 4 door? i got one too. you got some pics of your ride?

how hard is it really in the states to buy a set of new P.S. 5.20's???

peace

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by kromatized@Nov 17 2003, 01:07 AM

damn near impossible

and for the record, coker dont sale the right 5.20 tire.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so if i get a set of sportways all the way out here to australia id be doing quite well...lol...i might get 2 sets and sell you one...

peace

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
5.20's arent safe for daily driving from waht I"ve heard, lots of horror stories about them blowing out at 60mph and whoever is driving ended up dead..so go with coopers man, you'd be wise to.. :cool:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Originally posted by kromatized@Nov 17 2003, 01:07 AM
jonnyboy,

at this stage its pretty much a weekend cruiser not a daily.

you got a 64 4 door? i got one too. you got some pics of your ride?

peace
i have pictures of it but it is still a project car.....i just haven't had time to post any of them yet but when i do i will let you know so you can see it....do you have any pics of yours???

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Nov 15 2003, 01:31 AM
i have remingtons and maybe its just me but the whitewall has turned to a slight shade of yellow that i cannot scrub out. :(
:biggrin:
YEA...........MINE TOO HOMIE......my tires don't even have 100 miles on them.........I tried that bleach and can probably get them white with ALOT of elbow grease...........have you had any luck with any other kind of cleaning solution??

On the up side of things.....the yellow almost matches my paint

:roflmao: :roflmao:
:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sup

highnoon, thanks i think that is a very good point there, i got a wife and soon a kid, i wouldnt want to hurt them in the car just for the sake of loooking good, are the radials in a 155 much stronger? im not the type to drive like a mad man either...

jonnyboy, my car is also under construction, its off getting the paint right now as we speak, here is a pic of my ride just before the tow truck picked it up to take it for paint...

1 lo 64, i found water based engine degreaser and a grey scotch bright pad works real good for getting your whitewalls white again...

peace out

lee

1 - 20 of 39 Posts