LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
back in the day my pops had a country squire caprice wagon that did that with the rear door. so it is nothing new but it is cool......

·
Since 2002
3,632 Posts
:cheesy: DAM!!! THATS FUCKING BAD AZZ :0 WHAT KIND OF CAR IS IT???DAM!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
:wow: :eek: :0 :cheesy: :biggrin: :thumbsup: :worship:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the mirror stays on the car.....i know its obvious, but still kinda cool. still wondering where the door goes. did he build a compartment under the floor to recess it into, or does it go UNDER the car? if it goes under the car he would probably have to repaint that door once a week cuz its gfotta be scrapin shit once and a while.

·
Registered
28,033 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 26 2007, 07:08 PM~8876714
that's a prototype car by Lincoln that was made awhile back. I would hate to be in a side impact in that car, lol. probably why it stayed a prototype
exactly!

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 27 2007, 02:08 AM~8876714
that's a prototype car by Lincoln that was made awhile back. I would hate to be in a side impact in that car, lol. probably why it stayed a prototype

think it has to do with not opening fast enough too in an emergency since the whole window has to be lowered first, bmw brought the Z1 on the market in the 90s which has a door kinda like that

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TnVU8i1VKv4

·
LINCOLN OWNERS
1,743 Posts
This was done by a company trying to sell these kits, they actually have done quite a few cars, and I even saw one in daytona one year ( I think it was a thunderbird) they can do most 2 door postless cars, and I think the website said it cost around 10k or more to do. I will try to find the website again for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts