LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some bidding on modelcars on E-bay the thing is how easy is it for someone to offer a product and friends of him bidding or putting on the maximum amount?

For instance my max bid was 4 euro....with the min price staying at 2,80 euro....a couple of hours before the end of the auction the max price seems to be raised with at least 12 euro's! But since the max price is not visible it's impossible to see how far you are away from the max price....pretty odd since with a normal auction you hear or see the raise of the amount...anyone? :uh:

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Jul 27 2003, 11:47 AM
I did some bidding on modelcars on E-bay the thing is how easy is it for someone to offer a product and friends of him bidding or putting on the maximum amount?

For instance my max bid was 4 euro....with the min price staying at 2,80 euro....a couple of hours before the end of the auction the max price seems to be raised with at least 12 euro's! But since the max price is not visible it's impossible to see how far you are away from the max price....pretty odd since with a normal auction you hear or see the raise of the amount...anyone? :uh:
yea one time i was bidding on a gun and it was 25 dollars when i bid, i came back and it was upto 125 but his was like 30 minutes after i had bid. i think the owners have there friends bidding higher.

·
Banned
5,403 Posts
u think it could just jump from 25 to 125 in 30 minutes..and if it did go up u have a minimum big increasment so u wouldnt big 100 more

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
some of them also have a "reserve" set. which means that they set a minimum that they will let it go for. like the gun, i seriously doubt someone is going to sell a legitimate gun for that much. it probably had a reserve set and someone after you met that price so the ammount went up to the minimum and the bidding actually started.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
yeah i know, they keep the bids a secret so that it is actually competitive. once you get the tricks of ebay figured out then you shouldnt have too much problem getting what ya want off of there. ;)
dont feel bad, i have lost a couple of times at first until i got the hang of it. :puffin:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
you can always check the BID HISTORY to see who's bidding up. Its not unusual for the amount to go go up so fast with 30 mins left. shit i've battled it out with ppl with 2 mins. left. some pple watch the auction until the end and then BOOM they start bidding.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
lol i know what yu mean. lol I've sometimes set my alarm clock to wake me up in the middle of the night to go make a bid and win when I know they're going to end early in the morning. over 95 wins and 1 bad deal. not bad.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
It's all about knowing your limits and how much its worth. I usually bid my own personal max amount first. If I want it bad enough, first I wait until the last day, put a couple feeler bids out, then do what people hate: "snipe" in the last few seconds.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey man be careful on eBay, about 1 year ago i won a bid on all the homies figures series, and the guy never sent my stuff, or give my money back, we tried everything, it was a complete loss.

i got 65 bucks taken from me on ebay

my dad lost 150 for some certificate thing.

be careful

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by pedal scrapin@Jul 27 2003, 05:15 PM
Hey man be careful on eBay, about 1 year ago i won a bid on all the homies figures series, and the guy never sent my stuff, or give my money back, we tried everything, it was a complete loss.

i got 65 bucks taken from me on ebay

my dad lost 150 for some certificate thing.

be careful
then why didnt you report him to ebay? they do have fraud protection

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Jul 27 2003, 04:13 PM
It's all about knowing your limits and how much its worth. I usually bid my own personal max amount first. If I want it bad enough, first I wait until the last day, put a couple feeler bids out, then do what people hate: "snipe" in the last few seconds.

K. Diaz
Thanx for the tactics! I'm a bad loser :biggrin:

·
Registered
330 Posts
All the bids start happening in the last hour of the auction. I always make sure I look at the person's feedback to see how legitimate they are.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts