LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reasony why I dont see any low-lows with Big Blocks? I have a 63 Chevy Impala 2dr and I'm getting a 454 Big Block for it. I want to make sure its not too big or too heavy for the Hydros. I plan on doing a 4 pump set up ( not sure which brand yet) Any help would be gratetly appreciated.

O

·
0 Posts
small blocks are alot cheaper and run alot better.

I know a homie who took a 348 tri-power out of his 58 vert and dropped in a new 350 small block, he was tired of messing with the big block and wanted something he could cruise in.

Its a common fact that nothing will run as good as a well built small block, and for the money, NOTHING beats them.

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by TATTOO-76@Aug 16 2006, 06:38 PM~5982254
small blocks are alot cheaper and run alot better.
I know a homie who took a 348 tri-power out of his 58 vert and dropped in a new 350 small block, he was tired of messing with the big block and wanted something he could cruise in.
Its a common fact that nothing will run as good as a well built small block, and for the money, NOTHING beats them.
yeah big blocks suck

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
15,502 Posts
My daily has a TBI BB 454 in it.

I don't know why you would want to put a BB in a Lowrider. It's not a practical thing to do unless you're into performance, which most Lowriders are not.

Other than gas mileage, it's not that expensive if your using a standard carburated BB. The parts run a little $ extra than a SB but not much.

Also, You can build BIG performance from a four bolt main SBC if you know what your doing.

But again, in the Lowrider world, BB'c are not really practical.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
bb are fine just more gas money lol

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
here's one with a BB454 :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Originally posted by 63ss@Aug 17 2006, 01:31 AM~5984894
u dont really need a bb on a lo-lo
unles u are trying to do some drag racing on 13's
or some get away power..... :biggrin:

·
7,431 Posts
I think Lowriders have never been big on engine power. Lowrider=cruising. It's only been recently that a lot of people have even been REALLY doing engine bays at all. Remember all the button tuck covers for the engine compartment, lol? There's always been a few lowriders into performance, but it may take off soon. You never know.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wanted to do the big block for a couple of reasons; 1 I'm getting the motor for free. It will have to be fully built, but I can probably do that for the same price as a 350 sb create. 2 This is my dream car and I want only the best. And 3, which might be the best reason, is to see those jaws drop when I pop the hood.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by 63 Pimpala@Aug 17 2006, 10:22 AM~5985540
I wanted to do the big block for a couple of reasons; 1 I'm getting the motor for free.  It will have to be fully built, but I can probably do that for the same price as a 350 sb create. 2 This is my dream car and I want only the best.  And 3, which might be the best reason, is to see those jaws drop when I pop the hood.
you dont need a lot of power to move 13's, go with a 350, you'll spend less to do the same...

not that a bb is a bad engine, i just couldnt imagine myself lowriding with one..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts