LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 19 2005, 02:27 PM~3658286
On the '93-'96 Fleetwoods, what frames are the same if any? Caprices, Roadmasters, etc...?
there is a topic some where i was tust told the 77 to 93 frames are the same 2 door wil interchange with 4 doors also .. and i was told the caprices are differant from the caddy frames.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,646 Posts
Only cadillac frames work with caddys, caprices are like 6 inches shorter, and I think roadmasters are 6 and a half inches shorter, my friend just put a wrapped frame off a coupe on his 94 bigbody, very little differance, just be sure to keep you old bumper mounts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,103 Posts
77-96 4 door frame are the same. The only differents are some bolt holes depending on years. Im not shure if 2 door and 4 door interchange though. Caprice i heard are different, i think theyre shorter but the suspensions parts are the same. Im pritty shure roadmaster frames will fit why would gm spend more money to make the frames different in theyre 90s b-body cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by 94Fleetwoodswangin@Aug 19 2005, 06:49 PM~3659266
Im pritty shure roadmaster frames will fit why would gm spend more money to make the frames different in theyre 90s b-body cars.
Thats what I was thinking. If anything I thought surely a Roadmaster would be the same. :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 509Rider@Aug 19 2005, 06:26 PM~3659168
Only cadillac frames work with caddys, caprices are like 6 inches shorter, and I think roadmasters are 6 and a half inches shorter, my friend just put a wrapped frame off a coupe on his 94 bigbody, very little differance, just be sure to keep you old bumper mounts.
Do you know what year he used? I wanna wrap mine but I hate to have the car apart for so long. So, I was gonna get another frame, wrap it, then switch 'em out. If I were to get the wrong one..........man, that'd suck big.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 19 2005, 07:18 PM~3659476
Thats what I was thinking. If anything I thought surely a Roadmaster would be the same. :dunno:
Roadmaster frames are shorter, they have a 116 inch wheelbase and Caddy's are 121. So they won't work, a Roadmaster and Caprice frames are the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by yetti@Aug 19 2005, 08:25 PM~3659794
Roadmaster frames are shorter, they have a 116 inch wheelbase and Caddy's are 121. So they won't work, a Roadmaster and Caprice frames are the same.
Damn, that shot that idea. So, we're back to only Cadi frames work on Cadi's. So, what years & models?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 19 2005, 08:54 PM~3659953
Damn, that shot that idea. So, we're back to only Cadi frames work on Cadi's. So, what years & models?
77-96 all rear wheel drive 2 or 4 door will work. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 19 2005, 03:13 PM~3658591
Should I listen to someone whose name is stupidGbodies?
Seriously though, do you know this as fact or is it just something you heard?

so if i change my name to mr.knowitall.....will that make you feel more comfortable
:dunno:
 

·
True-S Mike
Joined
·
251 Posts
Originally posted by stupidGBODIES@Aug 20 2005, 12:20 PM~3662009
so if i change my name to mr.knowitall.....will that make you feel more comfortable
:dunno:
:roflmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,737 Posts
d body frames 77-96 dont know about the holes and what not but thats an easy fix, older lacs have the fuel lines on the drivers side
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Aug 20 2005, 07:08 PM~3662118
older lacs have the fuel lines on the drivers side
So have the 93-96 Fleetwoods, pressure and return gas lines on the drivers side and gas vent line on the passenger side...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
58,442 Posts
Originally posted by stupidGBODIES@Aug 20 2005, 11:20 AM~3662009
so if i change my name to mr.knowitall.....will that make you feel more comfortable
:dunno:
:biggrin: :roflmao: :biggrin: :roflmao:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top