LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
working on a 95 caddy big body..an putting in a bridge..when cutting out the factory ears can you cut out the body mounts too and not use them ..pros and cons please?????????? Keep in mind this car is not a hopper only three wheel and play..thanks

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
You can cut the ears out just don't cut the body mounts out. U can weld the bridge in place and then weld the body mount sheetmetal to the bridge.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 20 2010, 05:56 PM~16356246
You can cut the ears out just don't cut the body mounts out. U can weld the bridge in place and then weld the body mount sheetmetal to the bridge.
useing 2"x8" tubing for the bridge is there enought room with the body mounts left in place??

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by RO DoG @ heart@Jan 20 2010, 08:36 PM~16356746
useing 2"x8" tubing for the bridge is there enought room with the body mounts left in place??
some people cut them out and others leave them in and a lot of people run the 8 inch wide C channel and just notch it out to fit it along with the body mounts...but its up to you what u want to do..u can cut them or keep them...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally posted by RO DoG @ heart@Jan 20 2010, 07:19 PM~16355790
working on a 95 caddy big body..an putting in a bridge..when cutting out the factory ears can you cut out the body mounts  too and not use them ..pros and cons please??????????  Keep in mind this car is not a hopper only three wheel and play..thanks
Come on you know when you see me out there hoppin my bigbody you will want to play too...We form ROLLERZ thats how we get down buildem nice and killem and stat over :cool: :roflmao:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by TYTE9D@Jan 21 2010, 12:56 PM~16362740
Post some pics of the process please, im gonna be doing a bridge soon as well. :cool:
what part do you need to know? are you doin it with body on or body off? :dunno:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by sinister21@Jan 21 2010, 09:32 AM~16363013
Come on you know when you see me out there hoppin my bigbody you will want to play too...We form ROLLERZ thats how we get down buildem nice and killem and stat over  :cool:  :roflmao:
na bRO will watch you hopp all over the place..thats kool for me....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally posted by RO DoG @ heart@Jan 22 2010, 12:05 AM~16372038
na bRO will watch you hopp all over the place..thats kool for me....
:thumbsup: we are doin my bridge next weekend i am thinkin give me a call or come by timdog has the best ideas for that stuff we will get yours figured out too :cool:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by TYTE9D@Jan 22 2010, 01:28 PM~16375283
Doing it with body on, i know i gotta cut the trunk. Its a box caprice but i figure they are similar. Any pointers or info is appreciated. :cool:
you dont have to cut the trunk-as long as you can put it on a lift or get it high enough safely-but if its gettin done on the ground cutting the trunk would be easier-if it was a d body i could tell you exact measurements so you could prefab the bride prior to install-but you will have to measure the best you can and cut perches right behind the body mounnt- you can just weld bridge flush with tops of frame rails,its up to you whether you want to run taller coils and add pockets ect-but at least figure out proper dim. and cut holes on drill press(2 1/4"-2 1/2") and weld a set of top coil over cups to the bottom side of your c channel(c channel is easier,you can weld inner and outer sides for more strenth,and the gussets in c channel are 3/4" so its plenty sturdy-i also like the idea of putting plates as flush end caps but leaving then log so you can beat em to the frame and have more to weld too) ;)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Jan 22 2010, 10:51 AM~16375476
you dont have to cut the trunk-as long as you can put it on a lift or get it high enough safely-but if its gettin done on the ground cutting the trunk would be easier-if it was a d body i could tell you exact measurements so you could prefab the bride prior to install-but you will have to measure the best you can and cut perches right behind the body mounnt- you can just weld bridge flush with tops of frame rails,its up to you whether you want to run taller coils and add pockets ect-but at least figure out proper dim. and cut holes on drill press(2 1/4"-2 1/2") and weld a set of top coil over cups to the bottom side of your c channel(c channel is easier,you can weld inner and outer sides for more strenth,and the gussets in c channel are 3/4" so its plenty sturdy-i also like the idea of putting plates  as flush end caps but leaving then log so you can beat em to the frame and have more to weld too) ;)
Thanks homie, i thought i had to cut the trunk because of where the spare tire used to mount. It dips lower so seems like it will not allow room for the bridge to go from rail to rail. Oh yah... Do you think 1/4" c channel is thick enough or should i go 1/2"? Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts