LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the passenger side,,,in the spring pocket,,how do i cut those spring tabs off,,,,,,it has fuel lines running thru it,,,,,what to do???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,646 Posts
Pull out the fuel line, cut the tabs out and weld a plate in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,646 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 25 2005, 07:27 PM~3693270
Just a suggestion, but maybe you can re-route the fuel line.............

which one are we talking about...anyone got a pic or something?
The fuel lines run right by the spring pocket on the pass side, real close to the spring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 25 2005, 07:27 PM~3693270
Just a suggestion, but maybe you can re-route the fuel line.............

which one are we talking about...anyone got a pic or something?
i would belive the two fuel lines, the pressure and return. i would remove them and then get to work, it will take some time, but i belive its better than risking it. i would imagin it blowing up, but it would if you do alot of work, i would remove them for the time being, the lines are long thow. buuuut it sure beats blowning stuff up or catching it on fire
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,646 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 25 2005, 07:31 PM~3693305
i would belive the two fuel lines, the pressure and return.  i would remove them and then get to work, it will take some time, but i belive its better than risking it. i would imagin it blowing up, but it would if you do alot of work, i would remove them for the time being, the lines are long thow.  buuuut it sure beats blowning stuff up or catching it on fire
Yep pull them till your done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,646 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 25 2005, 07:46 PM~3693430
on the rear?
Nope the front
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
instead of taking fuel line all the way out,,ill probly do what timdog said and bend the tabs upwards,,,with them bent up,,i can get my sawzaw in there and cut them off... ;) no sparks :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by wired62@Aug 25 2005, 11:28 PM~3694153
instead of taking fuel line all the way out,,ill probly do what timdog said and bend the tabs upwards,,,with them bent up,,i can get my sawzaw in there and cut them off... ;) no sparks  :biggrin:
;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,112 Posts
THEY EASILY UN-CLIP OFF THE STEEL LINE STUBS...RELEASE THE FRAME RAIL CLIPS AND.PULL THE LINE FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE CAR...BUT,DON'T BEND IT SO THAT IT WILL KINK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,083 Posts
I'm not sure if this was different from 93 - 96 but on my 1996 Fleetwood the pressure and return gas lines is on the drivers side and dosent go through the spring pocket. On the passenger side it has the air line to the gas tank but this don't go through the pocket either. Anyway, make sure you plate the inside of the spring pocket after you have cut the teeth off... ;)
 

·
True-S Mike
Joined
·
251 Posts
what the hell are you guys talkin about????????
i dont remember doin anything to my fuel lines..................
pics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Aug 25 2005, 08:19 PM~3692855
Bend them up.

Just to let everyone know I was talking about the teeth not the lines. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Aug 26 2005, 08:37 AM~3695754
Just to let everyone know I was talking about the teeth not the lines.  ;)
i was hoping so......i just bent mine up...it was a pain in the ass and i got a few scars to show for it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
here are few pics
driver side,,no problem
[attachmentid=257089]
[attachmentid=257095]

pass. side
[attachmentid=257091]
[attachmentid=257092]
[attachmentid=257093]
[attachmentid=257094]
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top