LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got some big ol skool cylinders anyone ever install them before?
they are 24 inch closed..and about 3 inches round ...donuts? do i custom make them...? i am wanting to put them on my 87 linc....let me know...

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
did they come off a fork lift

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
hey man those wont fit in your linc ...inless you want to remove your back window lol......the biggest cylinder you can SAFELY put in the back would be a 14".....16s will fit but youll be very close to the window.......14s with powerballs youll need to remove the 6x9s from the rear deck

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
it depends on the coil and how the cyl is mounted, coil under vs coilover. coilover obviously gets you more space. and more coil obviously does the same.

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
yes but your still not going to fit a 24" cylinder in the back deck of any lincoln..now if it were a 12" to 24" telescopic yes...but a 24" case no......like i said 14s" is all youd want to run and still be safe...safe as in not hitting the back window...

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
a full stack of 4.5 tons is about 14-16" tall, that would leave 10" sticking up, well lets say up to 13-14 for coil compression. very doable. i had 16s in the rear of my mark 5, the rear deck was cutout, but they were there. oh ya, coil under also, so it was the full cyl.

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
Originally posted by slamed87lincoln@Sep 6 2005, 10:23 PM~3765938
hey man those wont fit in your linc ...inless you want to remove your back window lol......the biggest cylinder you can SAFELY put in the back would be a 14".....16s will fit but youll be very close to the window.......14s with powerballs youll need to remove the 6x9s from the rear deck
i got 14s with hardly any coil and still got 6x9s with a couple inches to spare

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
Originally posted by BigLinc@Sep 9 2005, 12:19 AM~3780821
i got 14s with hardly any coil and still got 6x9s with a couple inches to spare
i have 14s, no coil...powerballs...1 inch to spare...i just say take them out and move them just to be safe you know.....but you dont have to....

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
either get 6x9 boxes and mount them somewhere in the car...or just move them on the sides of the cylingers...theres holes in the deck...sounds fine..thats what ive done with mine...no big deal...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts