LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all!
what u guys think of these valves?
i'm plannin to bag my small car - below u can find a pic of it, just to see how it looks like -

and these valves seems good for the purpose (they look small...)
you know i have a big problem of room and i was planning to use two 2 gallon tank + 2 comps...

this stuff from air ride tecnology seems to fit my needs but they're a bit pricey....
any opinion?

thanks! ;)

·
Registered
931 Posts
i run ride pros on my 63. i have had no problems with them. in fact i find them to be extremly reliable. however, they are a little on the slow side because of the size valve. i want to upgrade to the big reds really bad, but 750.00 for a set of valves is just crazy !

im sure a lot of people would disagree, but i have been completly satisfied with mine.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slow.
that's what i thought when i read what they advertise on the webpage.... somethin around 10 secs to raise the car...
it seemed very slow to me, compared to what i've seen in videos found on the net - but then again, i'm new at this so i might be wrong.
btw loco, what do u mean by slow? how fast u get yr car up whit those air pro?

·
Registered
931 Posts
well, im running 10 gallons of air, 2 compressors and 150 psi. they get my car from bumper to ride height in about 1.5 - 2.0 seconds.

lol......if it were 10 seconds, i would have gotten ride of them a long time ago ! ;)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool! i was gettin scared!

well, what do u think a two 2 gal setup will give me in speed terms?
my car weights only about 900 kgs.... (what's that in lb? dunno... :uh: )
well it's very light! something like a smaller version of a civic hatchback...
these valves definitely looks good and i culd just put them anywhere! if they also work good..... hm!
:biggrin:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I run 1/2" gold valves on my 64 Impala, and it gets up in .000099 seconds..

really, it is instant...

I also run 175 PSI though.. so that helps..

A.R.T . makes good stuff, but you can do better with less money by not using their stuff..

i really think with them, youre paying for a name, and personally, I'm not impressed with their products..

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great support out here, i'm impressed!
:0
i liked ridepro valves cause they look... cleaner! but i see yr point bigdan... money is always an issue.
and, purpl7duece, how can i post a bigger image? i don't have my own website and i don't think i can just upload it right on the forum........ :(

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
go to post your rides..

find an "upload" topic..

make sure your pic is smaller than 90KB..

hit "reply to topic"

type something into the text box...

hit the "browse" button

find your pic and select it..

hit "open"

hit "post reply"

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
i love my big reds!!!!!

they are quick enough for me at 150psi but i now know that at prolly 200 or more psi my '55 will hop with them.... but dont try it at home, i did it on accident.

Loco....
i was looking on the DND website from the guys at sportruck.com and they are selling the 4 way kit for $690 on the bigreds

Robert

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by vertex@Aug 14 2003, 06:52 PM
my buddy is sponsored by airride, get some parkers, the performance on those things is shit compaired to a set of parkers. and the price is insane too!
Airride is $$$$$$$$$Expensive$$$$$$$$

Great reliability,slow performance.

I own 8 Herion 1/2" GREAT backed by a 7 year warranty!No Problems at all in 2 years

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry to be this late, but it seems finally figured out how to post pics...
at least lemme know if you see this:
[image]http://www.layitlow.com/forums/uploads/post-6-1061291801.jpg[/image]

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Aug 19 2003, 05:37 PM
man, I'd roll the shit outta that thing, but it'd have to have leather guts. something tells me its full of plastic though..
what kinda car is it, do you have a link to the mfg's website?
leather.... well that was an option, not on mine though, but I don't regret it.
:thumbsup:

so here we go, you wanted some info, there u can find'em!!!
http://www.carsfromitaly.com/lancia/index.html

this is the only site in english i'd be able to find.... lot's of them in japanese but I really can't read so..... ;)

well I hope this will add somethin to your knowledge, but don't forget I'm still trying to bag this Lancia.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i do have another question about valves.....
what's the difference between a 3/8" x 7/16" and 3/8" x 5/8" ???
i mean, i figure the second ones r bigger (different orifice???), but i just didn't know i should've checked this also.... when i hear u guys talking about valves it's always 3/8" or 1/2"
what's the deal with that???? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts