LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a question for the both of you .... i'm working on my setup as we speak..and i got two dc2000 aircompressors. with a line out to a t then into a nipple into a single check valve. then out to the tank...is one check valve enough for the both of my aircompressors.... any help would be great ..thankz alot...

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I always try to put the check as close as possible to the compressor

you might be OK with the way you have it now, but why risk it over a 5 dollar check valve? ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i looked it over... and it seems that at the compressor headthe port were the steel hose comes off is only 1/4inch and at the end of the hose it converts to 1/2inch ...so really the only place to put the check is at the end of the hose...what if it put two checks one right after another ..???? then to the tank???whould that help any

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
no, all the check realy does is keep the tank pressure from pushing on the compressor..

when the compressor turns off, the air between it and the check will leak down some, and that way, when the compressor starts again, there is no load on it..

just do the check as close to the compressors as you can.. you should be fine..

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
exactly what dan said, if you ever put a compressed bottle into your system without a check valve on the compressor it will blow all the seals on the comp. i had that happen to me before :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts