LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
street car show car or hopper 8s or 6s up front dancers ive seen 18s in the front

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn 18's that must have looked crazy I haven't been to a show sence the portland show in 03

H

·
0 Posts
why do the same dumbass question keep getting asked
just put a fucking 8 inch stroke in the front and leave it alone

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
6 or 8 you can only get so much travel out of the front end you could put a 16 up there you will only get probably 6 to 8 inches out of it

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by 64-04@Jan 19 2010, 09:39 AM~16337026
trying to see the biggest lock up and still daily drive bigbody mabey 3ton up front
With stock components up front for a daily, a 6" stroke is perfect because you won't put extra stress on everything. Some people put 8" up front on big bodies, but you won't get the full extension.

Originally posted by AndrewH@Jan 19 2010, 09:46 AM~16337061
a bigger cylinder isnt going to magically stretch your spindles out
;)

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
a cylinder is its weakest when fully extended so if you have 6" of travel so a 8" cylinder would be good because it keeps the shaft a little more supported

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Jan 19 2010, 10:04 AM~16337151
a cylinder is its weakest when fully extended so if you have 6" of travel so a 8" cylinder would be good because it keeps the shaft a little more supported
True. You could always put a spacer in the cylinder too so you don't accidentally try to over-extend the suspension.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Jan 19 2010, 09:04 AM~16337151
if your car had 6" of travel, a 6" cylinder would have approx 2" of shaft left inside the casing at lock up. unless you hop goofy or hop really high to where your coils are compressed mid air. But how many people hopping high have even 6" of travel. Those 2 extra inches of piston should be enough to push on the spring before deadheading,for most average cars. With an 8" cylinder and 6" of travel, you have 6" of travel left over (4" of cylinder) I dunno, I just like 6's because the uphill curve of the hose with 8's is a little less goofy with shorter cylinders

Most hoppers kill cylinders with them closed anyways. bent or snapped shaft ends where the cup bolts up.

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
seen some notched frames and homemade arms that allows for up to 10" travel :0

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank's for all the info guy's I am sure alot of people will be looking at this in the future
andrewH good info....

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by Silentdawg@Jan 19 2010, 10:46 AM~16337931
seen some notched frames and homemade arms that allows for up to 10" travel  :0
I get that out of my truck, with stock everything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts