LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88 caddy fleetwood what the biggest cylinders i should run for the higest 3 wheel i dont want that shit pokin threw my back deck i wasthinking 12s but i keep reading 14 are the way to go im just making sure they wont poke threw

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Jan 20 2009, 06:49 PM~12763948
88 caddy fleetwood    what the biggest cylinders i should run for the higest 3 wheel  i dont want that shit pokin threw my back deck i wasthinking 12s  but i keep reading 14 are the way to go  im just making sure they wont poke threw

14's will work...just dont run a lil amount of coil..otherwise when the car is dump the fitting is gonna be close to the rear speaker

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im gonna use stock fronts in the back how many turns should i use

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Jan 20 2009, 08:08 PM~12764722
im gonna use stock fronts in the back how many turns should i use

couldnt really tell u on that one....i never ran stock front coils in the rear...probably something youre gonna have to play with...

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought you were the all knowing GURU im having second thought about you kingfish :roflmao:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Jan 20 2009, 08:12 PM~12764768
i thought you were the all knowing GURU  im having second thought about you kingfish  :roflmao:

bust a guys balls why dont ya lol.... ive seen caddy coils in the rear of other cars with less batteries in the trunk and it works....just not in caddys...we stuck 18's in the back of a caddy with some coil and those worked out nicely...just had to remove the rear speakers..but relocated the speakers inside the car...

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
if the ass end of the car lays as far down as it can go... the 14's or taller will more than likely hit the bottom of the speaker.....if u have enough coil in the rear to have the car sit about stock height it possibly will be okay...however to be on the safe side id still relocated the speaker...ontop of the the fitting for the cylinder might hit the torsion bars for the trunk lid, but i can recall if the cylinder sits under them....

12's will give u a weak 3 wheel....

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the speakers came out already so im not worried about that the 2 up front will play enough music for me to enjoy while im swervin

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
:biggrin:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Jan 20 2009, 08:29 PM~12764976
the speakers came out already so im not worried about that the 2 up front will play enough music for me to enjoy while im swervin

well if the speakers are gone...u might even be able to get some 16's back there.... just run a coil with about 2 to 2 1/2 turns cut off...unless u want the rear of the car to sit lower then run the 14's

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i would like it kinda low i think I'm just gonna go with the 14s its a nice happy medium

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Jan 21 2009, 04:49 AM~12768936
yeah i would like it kinda low i think I'm just gonna go with the 14s its a nice happy medium
all else fails u can sell em and get 16's lol

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if i did 16 what all would i have to extend just the uppers and obvisly the breakline anything else does anyone have any pics of the lockup of a fleetwood with 16s and 3 wheel

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Jan 21 2009, 06:17 PM~12774497
if i did 16 what all would i have to extend  just the uppers and obvisly the breakline  anything else  does anyone have any pics of the lockup of a fleetwood with 16s and 3 wheel

if all ur really looking for is that high standing 3 wheel..then all u need to do is notch out the part of the cars frame where the uppers come down against... extend the uppers about 1.5 inches...

if ur wanting a high ass lock up doing drop mounts will definately help u there, but that will cause u to loose ur standing 3 wheel, unless u push down on the corner and chain the ass end..but then again chaining the ass end will keep u from gettin all the lock up can from the rear...so u really need to know what u want to do.

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well id like it to sit low i want the higest 3 possible but i dont want a cylinder blowing threw my back deck eather and im probably gonna run 3/4s of a stack of stock front coils

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
it all depends on how low you wanna go. its a sacrifice kinda thing, unless you wanna try out some telescopics

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
id like to go as low as i can i dont need to lay frame of anything

·
Registered
155 Posts

lol. dam homie u sound like me when i was thinking of uppin my cylinder size. u want that mean 3 wheel. and u want the ass to lay. i feel u on that. but from what i seen stock cadi 2 ton coils in the rear is not a good idea if u tryna 3 wheel cuz when the car is liftd on the corner, the coils will get crushed. it sucks cuz i wantd to use them for the smooth as ride they give. but i had to go wit the 3 ton coils. its a lil stiff but it get the job done, and i get a good lay to. oh by the way this is my ride. wit 14's, its a good 3 and when i drive while 3n it goes even higher and the bumper scrapes. but i still think i can go higher. ima put some telescopics in pretty soon wit some drop mounts to get that high ass lock up. its in da shop now, im getting the rear deck done wit some custom fibr glass mounts for the speakers. FOR THIS EXACT REASON. lemme know what u think of my ride :biggrin:

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
looks good man well for now i think ill use the stock fronts and see how it works i can always upgrade to 3 tons and 1 later trial and error

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
youre not going to get more than 10 inches of static lockup and 14 on a 3 wheel with the factory 4 link... i bought adjustable uppers and it helped a little bit on the pinion angle...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts