LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Lownslow302@Nov 13 2003, 08:03 PM
you can shorten the neck 1/4 inch at a time or go 1/2inch all the way.

in this case it looks like 1/2 inch.

i had this problem before its no biggie.
How could I cut the neck? And how do you get those damn chrome rings off? I've tried the ones on my frame but they haven't budged. Thanks for the help man

· Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone who is helping, and fuck you anyone who is just posting trash.
I don't know shit about bikes because I haven't ever gotten into them much. I'll do all the things you suggested asco1, thanks for the help.

· Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I just went to work at it a few hours ago and I cut about 4mm off the top and bottom, it nearly fits now, there is meant to be a thinnish threaded bolt/washer to go above the chrome ring? It mounts up to the bike now and the bolt meets the thread, but the chrome ring sits on a small angleleaning forwards. I'll get a photo tomorrow because that sounds like it will be hard to understand.

· Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Originally posted by asco1+Nov 14 2003, 08:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (asco1 @ Nov 14 2003, 08:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Purpura [email protected] 14 2003, 10:19 AM
... there is meant to be a thinnish threaded bolt/washer to go above the chrome ring? ...
YES SIR! That's what holding the t-tube in the head tube.

<!--QuoteBegin--Purpura Delujo
@Nov 14 2003, 10:19 AM

I'll get a photo tomorrow because that sounds like it will be hard to understand.
... it IS! ;)[/b][/quote]
:dunno: Yeah sorry man I'm not the brightest up stairs, I think I've made that understandable. It's too dark to get a photo now, I will do tomorrow, I'm nearly ready to start stripping the frame down.

I've lost the washer thing for the fork thread, would a bike store have one?

· Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Originally posted by asco1@Nov 14 2003, 08:42 PM
It's all good man - been jokin' ... damn nobody recognizes when I'm makin' a little fun. ;) ;) ;) ;) :dunno:

.... yeah a bike shop should have that washer thingy. Guess it's about 50 cents or something.

I think I know now what you mean with the chromering sitting at an angle. Shouldn't be a problem there - you propably just didn't cut the tube in a 90° angle. Maybe you can scrub that down to fit or just leave it that way.
Damn it - technical stuff is hard to explain when english is not your native language. Hope you still understand what I'm sayin'.

Good luck bro.
Yeah cheers man, haha technical stuff is hard to explain unless your a scientist and you speak every language fluently...Well I can't explain it :dunno:

I cut the tube vitually straight as, I filed them as flat as they looked through the naked eye. There is a few places where I filed a little more angled then others so there is a few 0.5-1mm gaps here and there, but it shouldn't play a role on fucking that chrome ring around. Maybe just attaching that chrome washer for the fork thread will make it sit flat?

· Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Originally posted by asco1+Nov 14 2003, 10:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (asco1 @ Nov 14 2003, 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Purpura [email protected] 14 2003, 11:48 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--asco1
@Nov 14 2003, 08:42 PM
It's all good man - been jokin' ... damn nobody recognizes when I'm makin' a little fun. ;) ;) ;) ;) :dunno:

.... yeah a bike shop should have that washer thingy. Guess it's about  50 cents or something.

I think I know now what you mean with the chromering sitting at an angle. Shouldn't be  a problem there - you propably just didn't cut the tube in a 90° angle. Maybe you can scrub that down to fit or just leave it that way.
Damn it - technical stuff is hard to explain when english is not your native language. Hope you still understand what I'm sayin'.

Good luck bro.

Yeah cheers man, haha technical stuff is hard to explain unless your a scientist and you speak every language fluently...Well I can't explain it :dunno:

I cut the tube vitually straight as, I filed them as flat as they looked through the naked eye. There is a few places where I filed a little more angled then others so there is a few 0.5-1mm gaps here and there, but it shouldn't play a role on fucking that chrome ring around. Maybe just attaching that chrome washer for the fork thread will make it sit flat?
yeah I hear ya,

naturally - when everything is put together and tightened it should line up. If not - ride that way - it won't hurt (most of the time ;) ). :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :cool:[/b][/quote]
Thanks bro, tomorrow when I get a photo fo the forks fitted I'll get one of the frame and of the two places I cut the tube, so you can let me know what ya think ;)

· Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Originally posted by asco1@Nov 17 2003, 11:53 PM
something like this?

just did a little photoshopping ;)
:0 A little photoshopping?
Damn that looks nice man, ha do you reckon you could put on a 32" sissy bar, 18" handlebars, longer chrome fenders (mine are alot longer then those) and paint it purple with a white or purple banana seat? :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.