LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best AirTanks to go with? I dont want to go black, i'd rather go either Chrome or StainlessSteel.

Question is, do the Chrome tanks rust all to shit? Any problems with them at all?

Do the Stainless Steel tanks leak or stain or anything? And do they look like the Chrome tanks? If the Chrome tanks are all good, then i'd rather get one of them then pay the extra $$ for a SS tank... or is haveing a SS tank worth the extra $$?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have Firestone Black steel tank that has been air brushed
The rust has not been a problem for the 4 years they have been in my car
I have had them air brushed to match the car
If you want Chrome get the Chrome paint that all the Tuners cars are getting
Chroming a tank weakens the weld and they will still rust on the inside.

Stainless tanks would be good if you can find ones that have been tested and stamped with a rating

If it has no rating stamped on it I would not use it.
Firestone tanks are the best around
I have seen Clint at KP Components put 500 psi in a 9191 5 gallon tank.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take a look here at the Gravity Werxs tanks:
http://www.gravity-werx.com/tanks.html#5
He posts up complaints that customers have had with tanks, i found that to be interesting... expecially the Chrome tanks... Rusts, Chipping Chrome.. and that one Black tank that had leaks in the weld.

However the SS one dosent have a problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When i talk to most of these places, they say the Brand of the tank is "their own". I smell bull shit.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
what about the 12gallon black tank thats made by air lift???

Features:
- 8 1/2" Ports
- Red Oxidized Coated Interior to resist Rust
- D.O.T. Approved
- Powder Coated Black
- Dimensions: 12 1/2" H x 44" L

is it a go or no??

and this might be a dumb question, but if a tank is rated at 150psi, is it okay to run it at 175psi...

i've been looking, and i dont see ANY tanks that have a higher psi rating then 150...

-qs
-qs

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey man, i'm almost done with the shit we talked about in the PM... shoot me another one tomarrow and i'll get you the list.

back On Topic... yeah the regular Black EasyStreet tanks seem to be the higher quality tanks i've found... they are all rated at 150 PSI however independent tests have concluded that they are good to even OVER 400 PSI... so dont worry about 175 in the tanks, i'll be running the same thing

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Oct 5 2005, 11:59 PM~3950935
hey man, i'm almost done with the shit we talked about in the PM... shoot me another one tomarrow and i'll get you the list.

back On Topic... yeah the regular Black EasyStreet tanks seem to be the higher quality tanks i've found...  they are all rated at 150 PSI however independent tests have concluded that they are good to even OVER 400 PSI... so dont worry about 175 in the tanks, i'll be running the same thing
pm sent ;)

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
dont worry about the pressures. at long as they are DOT, they need to have a 4 or 5x saftey factor built in. that would make it 600 plus. i have had close to 500 in my tanks rated at 150 and the same in bags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts