LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas...well heres the story, in december of last year: i parked my ride in florida until i could go pick it up...

in july of this year i finally go pick it up, i drove from ft.walton beach, fl to shreevport, la (thats about an 8 hour drive) and the radiator blew up on me!!!

last weekend, i barely went to go pick it up (thats why the topic is in "lowrider general" about towing with a tow dolly) anyways, today i changed out the radiator, and when i started it up...black smoke came out the exhaust...i know that CAN"T be good...what does that mean???

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
no, he probably fouled the plugs or has some carb issues. :uh:

black-fuel
blue-oil
white-coolant

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by hydryan+Sep 11 2005, 09:58 AM~3792190-->
you blew a head gasket
[/b]
could be, huh...
<!--QuoteBegin-Foompla
@Sep 11 2005, 10:44 AM~3792379
no, he probably fouled the plugs or has some carb issues. :uh:

black-fuel
blue-oil
white-coolant
can't be the carb...its a "throttle body injector" kinda half carb/half fuel injected!!! i hate that shit...

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by RALPH_DOGG@Sep 11 2005, 01:28 PM~3792530

can't be the carb...its a "throttle body injector" kinda half carb/half fuel injected!!! i hate that shit...
yea, i didnt notice that until now. me-> :twak: <-me

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
YOU DINDN'T BLOW A HEAD GASKET :uh:

that is ONLY when it smokes WHITE............BLUE is burning oil..........

and BLACK is just carboned up it gets that way from sitting.............

take it out on the highway and floor it you should see a ton of black smoke come out........

it might run shitty until ALL the smoke comes out but it will run like it used to and stop smoking after you clear out all the black smoke bro.........

trust me on this

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i took the ride across the street to the car wash(yeah i know-why wash a primered car right) but still:
i washed it up...
washed the engine...
then took it for a spin on the freeway....man, i missed that...
but, it still needs a major tune up...has no balls!!!

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
COULD IT BE THAT THE THROTTLE BODY IS DIRTY?

HAVE U TRIED AN STP GAS TREATMENT?

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by sleepy526@Sep 12 2005, 11:01 PM~3802510
COULD IT BE THAT THE THROTTLE BODY IS DIRTY?

HAVE U TRIED AN STP GAS TREATMENT?
nah...im gonna do that when i do the tune up....waiting till payday!!! :(

·
Registered
25,987 Posts
Yep, when a shop charges you 79.99 for a fuel system cleaning, they just run it for a bit with sea foam going thru a vaccuum line, then go beat the piss out of it until done smoking....dont ask how I know this.

:ugh:

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Acutally its just isopropyl alcohol thats fed through the vacuum line. THey also spray out the throttle body and put a cleaner in the tank. That way, they can call it a "3part system"

But anyway, you could have a lot of different things going on. The black smoke is from it running too rich. But why>?? Do you have a check engine light on? (meaning a bad sensor giving the computer a false reading) Go from there... 02 sensor, leaky injector, etc....

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Sep 14 2005, 06:49 AM~3811636
Acutally its just isopropyl alcohol thats fed through the vacuum line. THey also spray out the throttle body and put a cleaner in the tank. That way, they can call it a "3part system"

But anyway, you could have a lot of different things going on. The black smoke is from it running too rich. But why>?? Do you have a check engine light on? (meaning a bad sensor giving the computer a false reading) Go from there... 02 sensor, leaky injector, etc....
no light....the smoke went away already after i ran it hard on the freeway and constontly mashing the gas pedal....but i still have less power than before...not like i had much before with that lil ass V6 under the hood!!!

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by RALPH_DOGG@Sep 14 2005, 06:06 PM~3812944
no light....the smoke went away already after i ran it hard on the freeway and constontly mashing the gas pedal....but i still have less power than before...not like i had much before with that lil ass V6 under the hood!!!

:thumbsup:

by the way you can get sea foam at wal mart it is a red and white can.......and if you have less power i would check to see if your gas has water in it.......

was the tank low when you stored it????????

just wait til you need to fill it up again and see if the power comes back

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Oct 4 2005, 11:11 AM~3938921
:thumbsup:

by the way you can get sea foam at wal mart  it is a red and white can.......and if you have less power i would check to see if your gas has water in it.......

was the tank low when you stored it????????
just wait til you need to fill it up again and see if the power comes back
i already put a treatment in it...and im satisfied with reslts!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts