LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This mother fucker must have been defective.....I only had it on the caddy 2 days, only ran 175psi to it, didn't hop it, it wasnt rubbing....and it burst..........wtf.....their sendin me a new one though so I cant complain about that.... :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Sep 9 2005, 03:19 AM~3781191
that was on the rear of the car correct? do you have the suspension limited so it doesnt over extend the bag if the suspension drops?
yes it was the rear, and no I don't have shocks or anything, should I chain it? I think my trailer arms are maxing out because I only got like 2-3 more inches of lift compared to my 2500lb firestones......what you recomend?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by dUBCADILLAC@Sep 9 2005, 06:57 AM~3781761
yeah I know, FBI had a sale on these for $69.00 so I had to get em.....
you just had to to pick these up so you could turn around and spend even more

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Originally posted by dUBCADILLAC@Sep 9 2005, 05:55 AM~3781754
yes it was the rear, and no I don't have shocks or anything, should I chain it? I think my trailer arms are maxing out because I only got like 2-3 more inches of lift compared to my 2500lb firestones......what you recomend?

you need shocks or even chains to limit the bags at 11" tall, thats the maximum inflated height. if you are all the way up and you go over a pothole or a set of train tracks, that can be enough to over extend the bag and tear it. looks like what happend to you.

i think the max height on firestone 2500s is either 8 or 9" tall, and the slams are 11". so theres your 2-3" difference. if you want more lockup height, you need to look into getting a pair of 13" bags.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts