LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is a better block for my setup, my car has a 3 pump setup with 8 batteries in it (already installed when I bought it (Hi Low Brand)) I'm guessing it was built for 3 wheelin but I'm transforming it into a hopper and I am in the process of upgrading the front pump and also adding 2 additional batteries.

So which would be a better block to use for the front:

A: Block with a 3/8" port (which is currently installed)
B: Block with a 1/2" port (which I do not have at this time)
C: Block with a 1" port (which I have but don't know if 10 batteries are enough to run that size block)

Also, which pump head would be the best for the block you choose to go along with the setup (3 pumps with 10 batteries or should I run 12)?

Here is a picture of the setup thats currently installed, will look better when it's finished!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chico you da man! :cool:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But what size pump head would you run with that?

G

·
Originally posted by The Joker@Dec 30 2008, 04:00 PM~12562420
But what size pump head would you run with that?
#9 or #11 depending on voltage you wanna run #9 would be good with 96v to nose

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So a 3/4 inch block with a #9 pump head and add 4 additional batteries correct?
If so where can I get a block with 3/4" pressure port or do I just install the 1" port block and run it in 3/4 inch piping? I see that a lot with a y block installed just after the check valve to then drop it to 1/2". Do they then drop it even more before it gets to the cylinders or leave the hoses from the y at 1/2"?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess I'll try to trade my fuerte block for one.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yo Tweedy, you build that Lincoln to hop or is it a cruiser?

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Originally posted by The Joker@Dec 31 2008, 06:08 AM~12567879
Yo Tweedy, you build that Lincoln to hop or is it a cruiser?
It's my daily driver. my only car other than my 63 project, Its driven rain sleet or snow. I built it to have good ride quality, no 3 wheel, and its hops pretty good.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used to have a 88' model, this aint a very good picture of it but it's the only one I could find.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would run a single piston with a #9

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a fuerte block which has a 1" port on it just as the piston pump but I thought a #9 gear head would have been too small for it thats why I haven't installed it yet.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's with the damn it?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is it better to put a Y-block at the pump just after the check valve and install the dump on the top port of the Y-block or should I run the dump off of a tee (check valve, tee, Y-block)? Also, should I step the hoses down 2 sizes or just leave them at a 1/2" all the way to the cylinders?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts