LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some blocker dumps for a customer, were trying to get away from using 2 pumps for the rear.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Grimis on here had some a while back,I was supposed to pick them up a while back but never did.Hit him up ......

·
18,723 Posts
never heard of a blocker dump. I have 4 dumps on 1 pump and I just use regular delta dumps. Its all in how you plumb them. Instead of going straight through them, go in one side and out the bottom and cap off the other side. Then its always shut and will open when you power up the pumps motor. Youll have to run 2 banks of solenoids if you want 2 blocker dumps so you can open each blocker by itself without crossing wires going to the solenoids and having both open when you activate the pump.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The HOMIE getitright has some his # is 909367-1791

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by CoupeDTS@May 25 2011, 02:25 PM~20627072
never heard of a blocker dump.  I have 4 dumps on 1 pump and I just use regular delta dumps.  Its all in how you plumb them.  Instead of going straight through them, go in one side and out the bottom and cap off the other side.  Then its always shut and will open when you power up the pumps motor.  Youll have to run 2 banks of solenoids if you want 2 blocker dumps so you can open each blocker by itself without crossing wires going to the solenoids and having both open when you activate the pump.

A blocker dump is a term that is used for the dumps that are used on accumalators

They have the flow go threw them , then when the power is put on them they close off the flow.

They have alot of uses if plumbed right, back in the day I had some on my Z rack to get a way from using 2 extra pumps.

I like to add a switch for them and hold it down ,then hit what ever function you want.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Originally posted by CoupeDTS@May 25 2011, 02:25 PM~20627072
never heard of a blocker dump.  I have 4 dumps on 1 pump and I just use regular delta dumps.  Its all in how you plumb them.  Instead of going straight through them, go in one side and out the bottom and cap off the other side.  Then its always shut and will open when you power up the pumps motor.  Youll have to run 2 banks of solenoids if you want 2 blocker dumps so you can open each blocker by itself without crossing wires going to the solenoids and having both open when you activate the pump.
Very true it all in the plumbing and wiring....you don't need the extra solenoids if wired correctly :cool:

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Originally posted by OGUNLIMITED@May 26 2011, 05:38 AM~20629968
Very true it all in the plumbing and wiring....you don't need the extra solenoids if wired correctly :cool:
right...dont need any extra noids

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
You can wire them using 6 prong switches for each corner instead of the 3 prong. The only problem that comes up when doing so is that in order to keep things seperate and lift the entire back, you will need to use a 12 prong switch.

In othe words, three power connections in the middle, one dump connection for each corner (total of 2), one solenoid connection and then you still have to wire in the two seperate blockers on the solenoid side for your lift. I can't do drawings on my phone or else I would draw it out.

It can be done with just 3 prong switches for the corners but then you will be adding either relays or just put in the extra solenoids like I do.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=559803&stc=1&d=1351105425
The reds are your power (only need 3), the yellow is for the solenoids, the blues are for your blocker dumps and the greens are for your regular dumps.

It is funny how a name catches on. I started using the name blocker only on my old drawings and now everyone calls them that even though they are your standard normally closed solenoid valve that we all use to lower our cars and call dumps.

The valves used above in the accumalator picture are normally open solenoid valves.

Attachments

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts
You can wire them using 6 prong switches for each corner instead of the 3 prong. The only problem that comes up when doing so is that in order to keep things seperate and lift the entire back, you will need to use a 12 prong switch.

In othe words, three power connections in the middle, one dump connection for each corner (total of 2), one solenoid connection and then you still have to wire in the two seperate blockers on the solenoid side for your lift. I can't do drawings on my phone or else I would draw it out.

It can be done with just 3 prong switches for the corners but then you will be adding either relays or just put in the extra solenoids like I do.
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=559803&stc=1&d=1351105425
The reds are your power (only need 3), the yellow is for the solenoids, the blues are for your blocker dumps and the greens are for your regular dumps.

It is funny how a name catches on. I started using the name blocker only on my old drawings and now everyone calls them that even though they are your standard normally closed solenoid valve that we all use to lower our cars and call dumps.

The valves used above in the accumalator picture are normally open solenoid valves.
THE WIRING MAKES SENCE.. THIS IS ALL OFF ONE BANK OF NOIDS CORRECT?

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts
I figured it all out.. ;) Thanks i took some notes..

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Let's make this simple some of you homies who have a shop or who work in a shop how bout you show the tutorial on youtube about blocker dump or what ever you call it prove it on youtube that this is how you do it, cause this one say this and this one say that and lets expand hydraulics on another level cause we got more video tutorial for air bags then we got for hydraulics on youtube.

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts
Let's make this simple some of you homies who have a shop or who work in a shop how bout you show the tutorial on youtube about blocker dump or what ever you call it prove it on youtube that this is how you do it, cause this one say this and this one say that and lets expand hydraulics on another level cause we got more video tutorial for air bags then we got for hydraulics on youtube.
Good point.. i'd subscribe.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Air bags are the same principle as this topic. With air bags, you have to open a valve to lift and then open another valve to lower. The only difference is that with bags, the pressure is already behind the first valve. With hydraulics, the pressure starts when the switch is hit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts