LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i keep blowin valves in my front passenger dump side does one have a clue y or any ideas on how to fix it? I dont kno what it is but all i hear is a loud hissing sound, and air is shooting out of the dump vlalve

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by shakybonez504@Aug 9 2005, 09:45 PM~3573934
i keep blowin valves in my front passenger dump side does one have a clue y or any ideas on how to fix it? I dont kno what it is but all i hear is a loud hissing sound, and air is shooting out of the dump vlalve
like when?

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
[attachmentid=240549]is that some kind of gay joke??

you can either have torn the rubber in the diaphram or o-rings depends on the type of valve or they are dirty and no closing sealing properly

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Aug 10 2005, 12:32 AM~3574201
you can either have torn the rubber in the diaphram or o-rings depends on the type of valve or they are dirty and no closing sealing properly
Yup, Joe's right! I had that shit happen the third day I had my Herion valves installed The right rear dump valve went out I lifted the rear right instantaneously came right back down...I thought it was gonna be all downhill from there. Nevertheless, I havent had one valve go bad ever since. :cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was driven and i droped and i heard a hissing from the trunk and i went to check it out and felt the dump valve and air was just comming out. i have , VALVE-DIRECT 3/8" WITH 3/8" ORIFICE 150PSI but the PSI is only at like 80 or 100 when it happens. When i open the valve the O ring is bent alil so i think the O ring is the problem but it wont stay in place how can i fix that?

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by shakybonez504@Aug 10 2005, 01:27 AM~3574566
i was driven and i droped and i heard a hissing from the trunk and i went to check it out and felt the dump valve and air was just comming out. i have , VALVE-DIRECT 3/8" WITH 3/8" ORIFICE 150PSI but the PSI is only at like 80 or 100 when it happens.  When i open the valve the O ring is bent alil so i think the O ring is the problem  but it wont stay in place how can i fix that?
Temp fix put NPT plug in it to get your ass home! :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by shakybonez504@Aug 9 2005, 10:27 PM~3574566
i was driven and i droped and i heard a hissing from the trunk and i went to check it out and felt the dump valve and air was just comming out. i have , VALVE-DIRECT 3/8" WITH 3/8" ORIFICE 150PSI but the PSI is only at like 80 or 100 when it happens.  When i open the valve the O ring is bent alil so i think the O ring is the problem  but it wont stay in place how can i fix that?
buy a new one since it was bent it for sure is stretched now

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is there anyway to stop that from happening cuz that was the secound one and i dont really want to two new ones or keep buyin them. or am i just screwed?

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by shakybonez504@Aug 10 2005, 01:41 AM~3574636
is there anyway to stop that from happening cuz that was the secound one and i dont really want to two new ones or keep buyin them. or am i just screwed?
Buy a better valve?
:dunno:

·
Registered
110 Posts
"VALVE-DIRECT 3/8" WITH 3/8" ORIFICE 150PSI"

Sounds like a chassis tech direct action valves, buy a new valve of better quality or have like 20 rebuiild kits with you. Good luck...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 10 2005, 09:28 AM~3579863
what good valves? get the names to trust, parker and smc

Well every valve has its problems. Some more than others. I have seen many 3/8 and 1/2 SMC valves come into the shop leaking... I like Ascos and GC's personally. but to each his own. We use GC on our hopper without any problems so far. But i know you persoanlly had problems with gc's and some other valves, but again to each his own.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts