LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up ya'll. I have a cool tangerine next 20" bike (bmx) that I want to put 144 chrome spoke daytons on. I don't want to turn it into a Lowrider but just change the rims from 86 spokes to 144's. Can anybody post some pics of bmx bikes with 144 spokes on it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OH HELL YEAH! I've already made my mind up! I'm gonna go ahead and do it. Mine will look similar to yours except mine wont have whitewalls.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
i had 144 fans on a black bmx .. looked dope as hell ... i thot i was gonna fuck them up so i took them off .. a week later my girlfriends brother got that shit stolen cus she let him borrow it ...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn stolen bike? I know exactly how you feel! I had my homeboy borrow one of my bmx bikes to go to the store and he came back walking!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Originally posted by slick panther66@Sep 1 2006, 10:30 PM~6089148
Damn stolen bike? I know exactly how you feel! I had my homeboy borrow one of my bmx bikes to go to the store and he came back walking!

happend 4 times in a month :( i stole 2 of those bikes tho... its more like a tradeoff in this town ... but i personally never got one stolen.. i always let my gf or someone borrow it n they call me up n gimme the news

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
my blue one got jacked last spring im still pissed off at my brother about it. its coo though my haro is gonna get the treatment soon.

cant have 144s on a BMX without white walls

·
Family Affair
6,775 Posts
Originally posted by Lownslow302@Sep 1 2006, 08:54 PM~6089795
cant have 144s on a BMX without white walls
CANT HAVE 144'S ON ANYTHING WITHOUT WHITE WALLS ;) ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My opinion is that White walls belong on lowriders. Having whitewalls on a bmx is like having whitewalls on a Honda civic! Just look at some choppers. Alot of them have 144 spoke like rims and don't have whitewalls but would look funny with them!

·
New School Rider
2,334 Posts
my first schwinn got stolen my brother gave it to me and i took it out of the garage and left it out side. next day it flew away
I was 12 (naive kid)

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Originally posted by slick panther66@Sep 1 2006, 10:42 PM~6090176
My opinion is that White walls belong on lowriders. Having whitewalls on a bmx is like having whitewalls on a Honda civic! Just look at some choppers. Alot of them have 144 spoke like rims and don't have whitewalls but would look funny with them!
what about hot rods they have white walls and look just as good as lowriders with white walls, and there ant nothin wrong with hondas with white walls, hondas were mostly all lowriders untill the ricer scene came

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
i like hondas with whitewalls better than the ones with the shitty looking bumpers and wings. it looks good on choppers and motorcycles too i think. my gramps has whitewalls on his harley and i think it looks good

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
one of my BMXs has whitewalls.. but no 144s yet.. just some stock shit.. scuffed the fuck out of the whitewalls though..

I leant out one of my shitty mountain bikes to a friend who has his bike stolen.. came back to my house with a bent up rear rim, broken kickstand, broken front deraileur, and the seat was ripped apart on one side.. some old lady just clipped it.. didnt even stop either :uh:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by lowrid3r@Sep 2 2006, 12:05 AM~6090252
what about hot rods they have white walls and look just as good as lowriders with white walls, and there ant nothin wrong with hondas with white walls, hondas were mostly all lowriders untill the ricer scene came
Yeah, but most Hot Rods with whitewalls are old school cars. That Motorcycle looks good with it too but notice it has an old school style to it. Imagine whitewalls on a newer car like a Chrysler 300 and you'll see what I'm talkin' about. What I'm trying to say is that whitewalls look better on old school style cars because if they didn't you would see them more on newer cars/motorcyles/bikes than you would on old cars! Bmx bikes are newer style bikes...not old school.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by slick panther66@Sep 2 2006, 10:53 PM~6094243
Yeah, but most Hot Rods with whitewalls are old school cars. That Motorcycle looks good with it too but notice it has an old school style to it. Imagine whitewalls on a newer car like a Chrysler 300 and you'll see what I'm talkin' about. What I'm trying to say is that whitewalls look better on old school style cars because if they didn't you would see them more on newer cars/motorcyles/bikes than you would on old cars! Bmx bikes are newer style bikes...not old school.
choppers are different you cant put 144s on a bmx without some kind of white wall, its inhumane to even think about it i you want some wheels get yourself some deuces and leave the spokes for Gs to ride on

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You just proved my point! thats ugly! Also notice how they tried to give it that old school look! If you want a old school car with whitewall then why not just get A REAL OLD SCHOOL WITH WHITE WALLS!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts