LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will regular lowrider parts (from lovely lowrider) fit on a bmx frame? like the fork and handle bars? i njus need to know before i start ordering parts.

im painting the frame today so i will post pics tomorrow

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey I know alot about doing that "conversion". You can IM me at vteceater0 on AIM if you want but here this might help:

It depends on the size of the frames headtube to fit the fork, usually k-mart bikes or pacific bikes work really good, or you can just buy a frame with 3/8 axles, like race frames.

The handlebars and everything will fit fine, you just need a bike frame thats 3/8" in the rear, and then you can buy everything on lovelylowrider.

what kind of frame is it? that would help alot

later

·
Registered
956 Posts
Originally posted by pedal scrapin@Aug 7 2003, 02:07 PM
Hey I know alot about doing that "conversion". You can IM me at vteceater0 on AIM if you want but here this might help:

It depends on the size of the frames headtube to fit the fork, usually k-mart bikes or pacific bikes work really good, or you can just buy a frame with 3/8 axles, like race frames.

The handlebars and everything will fit fine, you just need a bike frame thats 3/8" in the rear, and then you can buy everything on lovelylowrider.

later
^-----exactly what he said. mine was a 94-95 hoffman suggar babby bmx frame.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a gt mach one frame

Last edited by Silent Bob at Aug 7 2003, 06:01 PM

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im on aim right now at puertorico650 hit me up

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the gt mach one is a pretty old frame desing so most have 3/8 axles and 1 inch head sets so it should be fine. i used a 96 mongoose expert frame

·
Registered
689 Posts
Originally posted by Rat Rodder+Aug 7 2003, 08:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Rodder @ Aug 7 2003, 08:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pedal scrapin@Aug 7 2003, 02:07 PM

later
^-----exactly what he said. mine was a 94-95 hoffman suggar babby bmx frame.[/b][/quote]
alright, im a hardcore bmxer, i know everything there is to know about bmx bikes really, first, to fit lowrider parts on a bmx frame, u must have a 1 inch head tube that fits a 1 inch threaded fork, alot of the new bmx bikes have 1 1/8 inch headtubes for threadless forks, on this kind of front end assembly, the stem clamps on the fork tube, which means u cant use lowrider parts on it, now if you disassemble your front end and see that your fork has threads on it, you are in luck. now, for the axles. now in your case, silent, u have a gt mach one frame, which is a racing frame, im positive it has 3/8 axles. not all bikes from k mart, wal mart, ect, have 3/8 axles, more and more i see 14 mm axles on dept store bikes, so if u ever seen a real axle before, u should be able to notice a 14 mm axle is almost twice the size of 3/8, and only freestyle bikes have 14 mm, never racing bikes ( they made that axles thicker to hold up for grinds) but if you have a 14mm frame, go to danscomp.com, go to parts, then axles, they have 3/8 to 14mm conversions, well srry if i look like a smartass just spreading some knowledge

·
Registered
808 Posts
Originally posted by toycoma@Aug 13 2003, 10:15 AM
the gt mach one is a pretty old frame desing so most have 3/8 axles and 1 inch head sets so it should be fine. i used a 96 mongoose expert frame

not feelin it :thumbsdown:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a room full of mexicans laughing like mad. They said thats about the Ghettoest shit they have ever seen.

I am not one to hate but simply to tell thr truth. I have seen some really bad bikes in the last 6 months I have been in the lifestyle but dude WTF were you thinking? Dude send me $50.00 and I will shoot you a frame. Yes I will pay the shipping at that price. I am feeling really bad for you.

I have a bike shop. Anyone think I should make my site retail so we can sell to the guys here? I am pretty sure I can match or beat Lovely lowrider with out problems. By the way we make a sick ass twisted seat post in straight or laidback.

Laterz.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Originally posted by LV Lowrider Bikes@Sep 9 2003, 12:04 AM
I have a room full of mexicans laughing like mad. They said thats about the Ghettoest shit they have ever seen.

I am not one to hate but simply to tell thr truth. I have seen some really bad bikes in the last 6 months I have been in the lifestyle but dude WTF were you thinking? Dude send me $50.00 and I will shoot you a frame. Yes I will pay the shipping at that price. I am feeling really bad for you.

I have a bike shop. Anyone think I should make my site retail so we can sell to the guys here? I am pretty sure I can match or beat Lovely lowrider with out problems. By the way we make a sick ass twisted seat post in straight or laidback.

Laterz.
yah i must agree, shit by the time u buy all the parts to make your bmx a lowrider and have em shipped, u coulda bought a whole damn lowrider bike, just sell your bmx, and get a lowrider, u can get a bone stock lowrider for 150 dollars

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will be honest with you we sell bone stock lowriders for $180.00+ shipping. I have a line on some new ones on the way. They will be $150.00 with the tank section already done they will be about the same price and I am sure less if we do them mail order. Check with me in the middle of October I will gladly hook everyone up. I looked at Lovely lowrider I will double check their prices. I may have to make a special mail order section on my web site for people from here.

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts

a bunch of mexicans laughing eh damm now where did i put that number for imigration. big fucking deal if its ghetto a least home boy is got something there its original that looks like a rider to me not a show bike. you shouldnt be talking ive seen your bike WTF WERE YOU THINKING? for 50 bucks that better be a schwinn frame and in decent shape new frames got for about 35 bucks. leave peoples style alone i dont fuck with you about your bike you built it your way and dealt with the hate. youre just like that LRM guy. i got your twisted laidback post nice work.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A basic lowrider frame runs me $30.00. Yes they are not cheap like everyone thinks. Imagine we have to pay shipping etc... I am offering a new one for that price. I have some used also.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
some bikes are easy to do the conversion on. i got a mongoose chamelion with the full lowrider treatment and the only problem i ran into was the front fork. i had to have the stem measured and cut to fit. everything else went smooth.

·
On Bail from BANNED Camp
20,807 Posts
^-----exactly what he said. mine was a 94-95 hoffman suggar babby bmx frame.
alright, im a hardcore bmxer, i know everything there is to know about bmx bikes really, first, to fit lowrider parts on a bmx frame, u must have a 1 inch head tube that fits a 1 inch threaded fork, alot of the new bmx bikes have 1 1/8 inch headtubes for threadless forks, on this kind of front end assembly, the stem clamps on the fork tube, which means u cant use lowrider parts on it, now if you disassemble your front end and see that your fork has threads on it, you are in luck. now, for the axles. now in your case, silent, u have a gt mach one frame, which is a racing frame, im positive it has 3/8 axles. not all bikes from k mart, wal mart, ect, have 3/8 axles, more and more i see 14 mm axles on dept store bikes, so if u ever seen a real axle before, u should be able to notice a 14 mm axle is almost twice the size of 3/8, and only freestyle bikes have 14 mm, never racing bikes ( they made that axles thicker to hold up for grinds) but if you have a 14mm frame, go to danscomp.com, go to parts, then axles, they have 3/8 to 14mm conversions, well srry if i look like a smartass just spreading some knowledge
[/quote]
exactly what i was going to say ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts