Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by 1lorodeo@Nov 19 2003, 10:27 PM
yeah its easy as tieing your shoelace :uh: ..lol
your talking about the body drop hu :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
YOU ONLY DO A BODY DROP IF YOU WANT TO DRAG THE ROCKERS OR DOORS ON THE GROUND INSTEAD OF JUST THE FRAME. BASICALLY YOU CUT THE FLOOR OUT LET THE CAB DROP AND THE USE FILLER PANELS TO WELD THE FLOOR BACK TO THE CAB. PRETTY TIME CONSUMING BUT BASICALLY EASY WORK.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by purpl7duece@Nov 19 2003, 10:35 PM
YOU ONLY DO A BODY DROP IF YOU WANT TO DRAG THE ROCKERS OR DOORS ON THE GROUND INSTEAD OF JUST THE FRAME. BASICALLY YOU CUT THE FLOOR OUT LET THE CAB DROP AND THE USE FILLER PANELS TO WELD THE FLOOR BACK TO THE CAB. PRETTY TIME CONSUMING BUT BASICALLY EASY WORK.
easy...you can fuck shit up really easy and REAL fast

·
Registered
343 Posts
just make sure EVERYTHING is level and square, measure and have everything written down before you even hook the airline to the plasma cutter, then when the plasma cutter is hooked up measure again, then once more, then begin to cut, once it is cut measure some more lower the body 2 inches (in my case 9 ) and then square EVERYTHING up tac it in place, measure 4 more times then begin to stich weld it back together

·
Registered
265 Posts
Originally posted by old_school_48@Nov 19 2003, 10:52 PM
just make sure EVERYTHING is level and square, measure and have everything written down before you even hook the airline to the plasma cutter, then when the plasma cutter is hooked up measure again, then once more, then begin to cut, once it is cut measure some more lower the body 2 inches (in my case 9 ) and then square EVERYTHING up tac it in place, measure 4 more times then begin to stich weld it back together
well said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Also talk to other who've done them, find out what they did and what they messed up on, learn from there mistakes. and if you still are having doubts , don't do it. But it is fairly easy to do. just take your time and measure and measure sum more,

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by DRAGGINTOY@Nov 21 2003, 11:05 PM
Also talk to other who've done them, find out what they did and what they messed up on, learn from there mistakes. and if you still are having doubts , don't do it. But it is fairly easy to do. just take your time and measure and measure sum more,

wow. i want to body drop a truck! how much does that one have 5"

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
naw we did it 3.5" ,the firewalls tubbed for the 20" rims, clutch master was relocated into the firewall. above the tire

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by DRAGGINTOY@Nov 22 2003, 08:51 AM
naw we did it 3.5" ,the firewalls tubbed for the 20" rims, clutch master was relocated into the firewall. above the tire
yeah when i did my old dime it was a 3.5 i also had to trim the rocker pannel but i sat front and back bumper

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
One thing I like to do, especially if its a drop on a truck is to drop the box about 1/2" farther than the cab. that way you can shim it into perfect alignment wit hthe cab!

·
Registered
51 Posts
skandalouz is exactly right, that is a very smart thing to do, that is what I did on mine. My 1st gen s10 is done 4" it lays rocker hard. Make sure you are layin frame first, or damn close. There is a few differant ways to positon everything when you start cutting. i had my frame on exactly level jackstands..on each corner of the body I had a hydraulic jack so i could adjust it perfectly.but the body and the bed arent the only things that neeed to be changedon most trucks..THe core support also has to come down, along with the frame horns if your doing an s10. But here is a quick pick of my s10 bagd and b/d 4".....

YES: My Fenderwells are gone
YES: My Firewall is tubbed (for 20s)
YES: My Motor sticks out of my hood
YES: I love to drag

The pinch welds were stil on the truck in these pics, but there off now..ive actually had time to work on my own truck lately, and its kind of nice :D if anyone has any questions, just holla!

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
could you go into a little detail on how the pinch welds are removed?
do you add a strip of metal afterwards where the pinch used to be to tie the panels together?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 22 2003, 05:33 PM
do you add a strip of metal afterwards where the pinch used to be to tie the panels together?
not all vehicles are the same.
but most will have a section removed from the centre of the panel, not the edge.

example.
the floor is cut flush with rocker. ( leaveing factory welds in place.)
then the floor is moved up inside rocker, and re-welded to rocker at desired hight.

hope that helped.. :cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 22 2003, 05:33 PM
you dont actually remove the pinchwelds, you cut slits in them ever 1/2 inch to 1 inch and bend them over with a hammer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Does anyone know of any websites that give a little more detail on body drops? I mean I understand the basic idea but I would like to learn some more on the subject before I go and start cutting. I have a 88 Mazda B2200 and I am in the process of picking out an air ride set up and after that I would like to do a body drop, probably about 2 or 2.5". If you all know where I could read up on body drops holla back. :cool:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Originally posted by 3rdCoast_Kobra@Nov 25 2003, 05:10 PM
Does anyone know of any websites that give a little more detail on body drops? I mean I understand the basic idea but I would like to learn some more on the subject before I go and start cutting. I have a 88 Mazda B2200 and I am in the process of picking out an air ride set up and after that I would like to do a body drop, probably about 2 or 2.5". If you all know where I could read up on body drops holla back. :cool:
its s-10 but may help ya....

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/forumdisplay...?s=&forumid=143

1 - 20 of 32 Posts