LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SUV. I'm considering installing a speaker wall in the back to house four 15" subs. My truck has mild hail damage on top, but the dents aren't small. They're a little larger, but not huge. If I got them banged out and painted the truck, I'm sure filler would be used to smooth out the whole body. Now when my system is installed, will it create enough vibration from the bass to pop out the filler? That's all I'd need. A nice candy flaked paint job with chunks missing and body metal showing. How long will the filler last/stay in place before having to be redone again? Thanx!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Bondo is good shit depending on how good the metal is prepared before you apply the body filler. If you strip the old paint off of the dented area and scratch the metal to shit the bondo will hold up alot. Trust me if the prep is good the bondo will not fall off. I was metal finishing my fender and decided to see how much bondo would hold. The bondo actually bent will the metal a few times with a big ass hammer and a dolly then when I hit it in the middle will all my might, then it cracked. Subs vibrating shouldent be shit. I recommend fiberglass reinforced body filler. Tha shit is tha bomb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts