LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have 1985 chevy elcamino i bought a set of energy suspension body mount bushings all bushing are lining up except the center ones on the frame rail what would be best solution to get them to go

·
Registered
16 Posts
sounds like they frame might be bent or tweeked where those bushing are, you might have to either go to a frame shop and have it bent back or use a comealong and do it yourself. if its cut and not reinforced bend it back and then plate it

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the frame is wrapped i used a come along already gonna try a bigger one though looks like the driver side body mount needs to come and passenger side body mount needs to come out a little they are not off by much though

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it bowed out in the center a little when i took the tranny crossmember out i got it in with a come along some but i ma have to go with a bigger one to see if i can get it in a hair more the body is sitting all the way down on the frame fine i just dont like those energy suspension bushings at all

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if the hole in the bushing was a little bigger they would go, half of the nut which is attached to the body is sitting half way on the hole of the bushing also did you plate the top of your frame ????

·
Registered
857 Posts
sounds like the frame was bent before it got wraped in any case you want to make sure that the bushings go on right and not forced on that way they will last, you might want to take it to a frame shop and pay the money to make sure the frame is ok if you want the car to last. good luck

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I would never force them, on monday I will have all day to work on it I should be able get it them to line up I ll post wht happens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts