LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to start a novice frame off restoration. Can anyone tell how to remove the body from the frame. Are there any books on a step by step process? I have a Convertible 64 Impala. Thanks

·
The Hard Road
16,761 Posts
Originally posted by HULKHERCULES1@Sep 2 2003, 01:35 PM
I am about to start a novice frame off restoration. Can anyone tell how to remove the body from the frame. Are there any books on a step by step process? I have a Convertible 64 Impala. Thanks
PM JasonJ, he has a '64 that he did a frame off on...there's a few others too.

Jeff

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
A 64 IS NOT A UNIBOYD MAN ITS GOT EITHER 10 OR 12 BUSHINGS ON IT INCLUDING RADIATOR SUPPORT MAN ITS NOT TO BAD GET ALL THAT OFF THEN GET A BUNCH OF FREINDS TO PICK IT UP MAKE SURE IT IS STRIPPED DOWN OR ELSE IT WILL BE TOO HEAVY THEN PUT IT ON A BODY RACK OR ELSE ALOT OF PEEPS USE CENTER BLOCKS N 4X4S WOOD MAN HOPE I COULD HELP ;)

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
Originally posted by Hittin Switches+Sep 2 2003, 08:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hittin Switches @ Sep 2 2003, 08:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--/\Chris/\@Sep 2 2003, 01:56 PM
Make sure its not a unibody is all i can say :(
A unibody has no frame is all I can say[/b][/quote]
the body is the frame :0

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
gut it, door, fenders, trunk, glass, etc off. weld a cross brace in between the doors near the top otherwise your going to fuck up the body. you can take the whole front end off with only taking off 8 bolts and the whole clip will come off. you'll want to pick up the front with an engine picker and a chain from the top fender mounts bolts holes, and pick the back up from the trunk latch if the trunk and tailpan is in good condition

1 - 9 of 9 Posts