LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im about finished with the frmae for my caddi, i usualy use a lift to lift the body, unfortunetly i dont have acess to the lift right now so i will need to do it other way, what are the safest lifting pionts on the body?, 80's caddi coupe

i tried this in piant and body but no one seems to know?

·
Registered
970 Posts
i would try the firewall ,trunk latch and run a 2 by 12 threw the door windows and attach to chains or whateva lift u are using make sure u leave the doors on and closed and good luck hope it helps ;)

·
Registered
970 Posts
i would try the firewall ,trunk latch and run a 2 by 12 threw the door windows and attach to chains or whateva lift u are using make sure u leave the doors on and closed and good luck hope it helps ;)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
heres how i do it:

get the car up on jackstands like knee high first.

use 2 jacks under the frame, one in the front and one in the back.

then place 3 jackstands under the kickpanels on eachside.
(place a long piece of wood or someting to go in between the jackstands and body)

loose the bodymounts and everything and just lower the 2 jacks and roll out the chassie/frame under the body.
...simple as that.

Last edited by badass 64 at Nov 19 2003, 11:33 AM

·
Registered
321 Posts
Easiest would be 4 guys, each at his own corner, lifting the plank of wood, which mr badass mentioned.
Remember, that even if there's still a wire attached to the frame, it will be very difficult to lift, so maybe a fift guy could be handy to peek around, that everything is in order.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
You can use the trunk latch, but I would weld it solid first!! Take as much shit out of it as possible to make it lighter!! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts