LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
depends on where you are sectioning the panel, etc. On my car everything is welded, but i have glues a lot of panels on at work. They both have their place, but I prefer welding.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz@Aug 15 2005, 04:49 AM~3625467
WELD

without a doubt ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea...usually the newer cars are welded around door openings and pillars and glued in the middle for support...but i would for sure weld as much as i could.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
yup. I am lazy and i glue on roof skins, no warpage, no leaks, and can be done 1/4 of the time. on new cars I also like to glue the wheel opening when replacing a 1/4 panel. no plugs welds, no heat, no extra work, etc, plus you get a nice sealed seam. On resto's I always butt weld everything and if the customer is paying really good money, I finish both sides of the weld.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz@Aug 20 2005, 12:39 AM~3660537
yup.  I am lazy and i glue on roof skins,  no warpage,  no leaks,  and can be done 1/4 of the time.  on new cars I also like to glue the wheel opening when replacing a 1/4 panel.  no plugs welds,  no heat,  no extra work,  etc,  plus you get a nice sealed seam.  On resto's  I always butt weld everything and if the customer is paying really good money,  I finish both sides of the weld.
I dont finish my welds :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts