LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that after I wrapped my frame , i had very little room between the bumper & the lower pan under the grill - that holds the lower trim piece... i dont know what it is called......I know that I must shim it out better but , it seems like I cannot conquer this part of it....

i also noticed that i can no longer use a regular tranny dipstick & i have bought a new flexable one from lokar .. The distributor cap hits on the fire wall on & this is really pissing me off.... I think i am borderline "Bi-Polar" & I am about to burn this pile of shit to the ground....

I noticed that the tranny cross mount was a little low.....I had another 64 to take measurements from & i had the chevy x frame factory blueprints to measure it out.... I had to put 3/4" spacers to keep the tranny nose up & the engine from hitting the firewall to harsh....

** Who has a wrapped X frame & could help me out -- really need the encouragement -- Otherwise there will be 1 less lowrider on the streets!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by STREET SWEEPAZ at Nov 5 2003, 04:39 AM

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Nov 5 2003, 05:39 AM
I think i am borderline "Bi-Polar" & I am about to burn this pile of shit to the ground....

ROFLMAO......I can relate to this statement homie, it seems like I always end up with this same outlook........the best thing to do walk away, then come back to it.........something will come to you......it sounds corny, but it works!

L8

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
my homies 64 convert experienced the same problems and more from getting fully wrapped---he could not even put on an h.e.i because he could not get it in beacause it hit the fire wall too much----alot of times the frames actually "tweek" because of the heat that they receive when they are being wrapped----he had to put his on a frame machine to straighten it out--------it sucked bro----------peace

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
damn, wasnt there a ton more replies earlier from 1 lo 64??

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
** I took extra caution to prevent that from happening...It just blows my mind thinking about it.. I had it all out on jack stands & was layed out on flat concrete prior to wrapping ... I even added extra body mouts to the frame so that the body will resist from twisting & adding support to the body... How should I retry to allign the body back to the frame?? Should i place the front clip/radiator support back on & then drop it on the frame ?/ or should I do the body first & then add the front clip ...?? Or should I consider redrilling new holes for mounting the bumpers ..Thanks so far ... Keep em coming , BOB_T

Last edited by STREET SWEEPAZ at Nov 5 2003, 09:28 PM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts