LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i want to do a traditional bodydrop on my 92 s10.. i was wondering if anyone had any step by step pictures.. or at least some good shots of the cuts on the floor and around the gas pedals.. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz@Aug 21 2005, 10:08 PM~3667321
you shorten the pedals.  and for the bed  actually drop it like 1" more then the cab
then shim it up to align perfect.
Thats something new. I didnt know that you had to cut things inside the cab to body drope a truck. But what do I know. I own a civic :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you have any good pictures of the cuts made? would cutting the floor where the frame rails run, and lower the body over the rails keeping the floor level.. and then build channels over the frame rails sticking up in the floor and then reposition bodymoutns? but since its a 5speed the tranny would come up real far wouldnt it

·
Registered
856 Posts
ive seen a how to some where on the net. just search, im sure youll find something. also i remember seeing a article in a truck magazine showing how to do a stock floor body drop. sport trucks or street trucks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool thanks a bunch! ive been trying to save as many pictures as i could for when i do it so i know all the cuts to make.. once it slides down it will be no problem to weld it back up.. i just dont wana fuck up and cut everything overkill..

how far was that truck bodydroped?

·
Registered
265 Posts
lost all my pics ,but had a 91 dime that i did a 4"b/d,here's a few pointers for ya,
When you make the cuts in the doors ,make sure you cut far enough inside the cab so your door sil's ,and door pannels will clear the raised floor when closed.
The windshield wiper motor had to be ditched for the dist.cap to stay.
The gas pedel'smonting bracket is made of plastic,ditched it for a mazda B22 pedel simple to shorten and modified to work.
And make sure you have tilt stearing or you wont be able to get in
good luck,
Jason

·
Registered
640 Posts
Much props to your body drop projects. The Truck looks awesome tucking big wheels and laying on the ground, but it sure looks like a lot of fabrication to get there. I never realized how much cutting is involved to get that look.

Looking good... :thumbsup:

btw, could you PM me the secret to clearing out my tail lights, no red circles just straight clear lenses, full size chevy. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey, ive heard of a drop where you cut the frame at the top and weld the top peice of sheetmetal of your cut peice of frame on your droped part of frame. i hope you understand it. if not or your interested then reply

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by tytsdime@Sep 2 2005, 04:43 PM~3741432
hey, ive heard of a drop where you cut the frame at the top and weld the top peice of sheetmetal of your cut peice of frame on your droped part of frame. i hope you understand it. if not or your interested then reply
you talkin about a stock floor drop? i dunno how easily this is done on an s10 cause of the curves in the rails.

·
SHOT CALLER
2,016 Posts
i am doin a stock floor body drop as we type... ill post some pics of it 2morrrow... it is fuckin hard ill tell you that..lol...
Originally posted by 77monte4pumps@Sep 2 2005, 10:00 PM~3742788
you talkin about a stock floor drop?  i dunno how easily this is done on an s10 cause of the curves in the rails.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts