LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrapped a setof control arms and molded them with a grinder, but they rnt as perfect as i want. SO i want to put some kind of body filler on them to fill the cracks
1st what kind of body filler should i use
2nd do i need anything else with the body filler to make this control arm ready for paint.
3rd do i need some primer if so what kind?

should i wet sand or dry sand....?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I don't mean to answer a question with a question; but wouldn't that shit just crack and fall off? :(

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thats not a question with a question thats a rhetorical question. It will when exposed to heat and vibrations.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So to touch it up should i jus go over it a couple more times with the welder and a grinder or is there another way?? I jus have some pin holes i wanted to fill.

answering ur rhetorical question with a another question... how do people paint them, without it cracking and fallin off??

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
use high build primer /sand / paint / clear!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dont people paint and bondo molded frames, why would control arms, which are wrapped and molded crack???
what kind of high build primer??

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
no need to bondo anything

what are you using to mold it?

a cutting disk?

use a sanding flap disc and you'll get it real nice n smooth

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
fill and grind with weld as much as you can and then bondo
bondo flexes a little
i wouldn't waste my money on high build primer
you can epoxy the metal and put bondo over it without sanding epoxy
make sure you bondo within a few days

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im not settling for those 230 dollar ebay crappy arms, i did mine myself (my first set of arms) they look great but they have a few lil pin holes that i want to fill before i paint... how does the paint stay if the bondo is gonnna "crack".... someone give me some good input, instead of stupid comments

·
Registered
830 Posts
dont use bondo mayne........why put that shit on there, wen later down the road your putting a risk of having to re-do them..........if u want them to be the best possible...........keep welding and grinding until it is clean an smooth

my $.02

1 - 18 of 18 Posts