LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i'm getting ready to go over the body on my car and smooth it out...so my question is..is it best to follow directions on the can for when i mix in the hardner or do any of you have any tricks or advice that would help me out? I have't worked much with bondo so any advice is welcome.

·
49,409 Posts
Fuk bondo.......I have 64 that once had bondo on it. I bought the car and drop my system in it - 2 Fosgate 15's.....it vibrated each bondo'd hole out and left me with a bunch of hole in the car.....I would suggest welding/replacing damaged panels!

L8

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yours sounds wayy more serious then mine...i don't have any holes..i'm just mostly using the bondo to smooth out minor dings..nothing serious..i do have one quarter panel with some bondo filling in a scrape and so far i've had no probs with my system cracking it...but yea my main use of the bondo is just for minor things..nothing major...just sand to the metal and apply bondo and sand down and prime...should be fine right?
Anybody else have advice?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Make sure you mix the Body filler correctly, cuz if you don't it might crack or fall off down the road. I personally wouldn't use BONDO alot of bodyman say Bondo when they refer to the fillers they use,but let me put it this way if you can buy it at Walmart don't use it. BONDO has a tendency to shrink after awhile exposing all of your body work. Go to the paint store and find a lightweight body filler, Evercoat, Rage, etc.. Peace.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my friends brother used the bondo from wal mart and he hops his ride all the time and its fine..he's had no problems with it..he bondo'd his front clip...fender and hood..its been fine for over a yr now..but yea on mine its just to fill in minor dings..i don't want to get a new shiny paint job and have lil dents in it.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
MAN I USED BONDO TO SMOOTH OUT MY DOOR HANDLES, I HOP IT 3 WHEEL IT HELL ONCE I EVEN NOSED UP TO A 84 CADDY WITH 4 PUMPS! IT HELD HASN'T WARPED OR SHRUNK.

SHOT AFTER BODY WORK STILL IN PRIMER

(BY THE WAY NOSING UP TO A CAR WITH 4 PUMPS 12 BATTS IS A VERRY BAD IDEA WHEN YOUR RUNNIN 2 PUMPS @36VOLTS!)

Last edited by stankin85 at Sep 23 2003, 09:03 PM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts