LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 4-pump, g-4 prohopper set-up... righ now i only got 4 batts( i kno thats weak, but its a long story).... i got a chain bridge, 8's in tha fronts n 16's in tha bak.... i got an 83 regal.... when im lockd up inthe back it doesnt go up that high... im thinking its because the chain bridge b/c when i do juss tha side it goes up like 8 inches more.... wha could i do so it gets up more?? and when i get 4 more batts will i get a higher standing 3?? sorry its so long...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Four more batteries is deffinetly going to help, and yes you are going to get a higher standing three. and if you don't have your frame reinforeced that will make a big difference as well.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yuh i got it reinforced..... can the chain bridge stop me from gettn highr in tha bak?

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by Latinplaya9@Nov 1 2003, 04:16 PM
yuh i got it reinforced..... can the chain bridge stop me from gettn highr in tha bak?
Yep, you gotta have enough chain to lock up as high as you can and still hit a high enough 3. you might want to go to a little longer chains

Last edited by BROWN SOCIETY CC at Nov 1 2003, 04:30 PM

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iight truuuu..... yea i thought it was stoping it from going all the way up.... tru... imma try n see how to extend them

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
What I did when I first got the chains in mine was that I attached them to the top first and locked my ride up as high as I wanted it to go. I then cut and attached the chains at the bottom and tried to hit a 3. It was not high enough so I just cut link by link till I liked the 3 ( I ended up cutting about 2-3 links off the chains, locks up high and has a high enough 3.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iight imma try n see tomorrow wha i can do....o n anotha thang... imma have 8 batts straight in tha trunk... would i get a higher 3 if i had 4 n 4 on each side instead??

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Not necessarily but if you put 4 & 4 on the sides, it will really even out the weight for the 3's (less stress on the chains and it will get up on 3 easier). If you plan on having a high hop, leave them on the back. I've seen both ways hit a 3 (batts on the side and across the back) What I would personally do (assuming you got that regal in your avatar) is I would put the batts in the corners of your trunk to get the max of the best of both worlds. I would then put the pumps as far back as possible for weight purposes as well as getting to them when working on them. Oh, I forgot to mention, if you do take off the chains, and lock up the rear, be carefull to not over extend your brake line or trailing arms cause you can rip them right off. Good luck

Last edited by BROWN SOCIETY CC at Nov 1 2003, 04:58 PM

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
The other 4batts wont make a difference . the chain bridge uses the chains to pull 1 corner of the car down.weight isnt the issue the batts may make the car 3 wheel quicker, but only because youre giving the pumps more power

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Stillow4show04@Nov 1 2003, 11:59 PM
is your upper and lower trailing arms extended???
if not extend them that will give you more inches.
yea they are extended..... wha u mean by putting the batts in the corners..... like 4 in a square shape in each corner...??? ill take pics of wha i got in a lil while...

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by Latinplaya9+Nov 2 2003, 09:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Latinplaya9 @ Nov 2 2003, 09:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Stillow4show04@Nov 1 2003, 11:59 PM
is your upper and lower trailing arms extended???
if not extend them that will give you more inches.
yea they are extended..... wha u mean by putting the batts in the corners..... like 4 in a square shape in each corner...??? ill take pics of wha i got in a lil while...[/b][/quote]
Yeah but like they said earlier, the chains do all the work

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by Latinplaya9@Nov 1 2003, 05:16 PM
Yes the chains are stopping you from locking up at your full potential. Its a compromise that you make to have a higher 3. If you wanna lock up higher, get rid of the chains, but your gonna sacrifrice some 3 wheel height.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts