LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to take off the trim off the bottom of my caprice and get it chromed. Was this trim originally chrome and is now dull or was it just polished? How much to you think it will cost to get dipped? Lastly do any of yall have any pics with the trim chromed?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Just buy new ones....I checked into getting some from my caprice and they only ran like $100. Im sure chroming them would more than that.

·
Registered
928 Posts
they are polished aluminum. I have a box and I was going to restore it till I found out how much it costs to have that stuff chromed. And by the way try to work with the ones you have because most part for box chevy's depending on the year have been discontinued.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by BLACK@Jan 1 2004, 08:04 PM
they are polished aluminum. I have a box and I was going to restore it till I found out how much it costs to have that stuff chromed. And by the way try to work with the ones you have because most part for box chevy's depending on the year have been discontinued.
i stand corrected............ :biggrin:

i found out that alot of parts were discontiued also so i got me a 2 door 83 regal limited now........but i might still keep the gansta caprice :cool:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
have you seen any pics of the aftermarket panels installed? The prices look good but i'm worried about them lookin a little cheesy like some of the chrome fender trims you see?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts