LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on getting a SE or SX 15, not sure which yet. BUt does anyone know where a good box to fit them would be? I know the best way is to build one myself but I done that before and it turned to shit. IF anyone does know thanks for the help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Why not build your own? Just take your time, dont rush and you will do fine. If you still dont want to why not see if someone local could build you a box and you pay for materials+time.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have built one before and it didn't turn out to good. I don't know of anyone that builds around me neither. So I thought I would just take the easy way out and buy one onine. lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know they do. But I was asking if anyone knows where one is for sell that suits the sub. I don't want to build one.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by DLK@Aug 22 2005, 01:00 AM~3667784
I know they do.  But I was asking if anyone knows where one is for sell that suits the sub.  I don't want to build one.
i feel ya, i was sweating my ass off wiring my truck up in south florida's 110 degree index in my UNSHADED driveway (garage is loaded with shit)...i was like "fuck this, i'll just take it to a shop and pay someone"... but i thought about it and figured, no one would put the time and extra shit into installing my system the way i would because its not theres, if it were, a 1hour install, could easily slip into a 2 1/2 to 3 hour install just off of the little shit you cater to becase its your car....

-qs

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have found a box I think that will suit it good. The SX recommends a box 3.5 cubic ft. and 32Hz. I found one for the 15" 2.9 cubic ft. and tuned to 30Hz. WOuld this fit it good? ANd I'm not sure yet. WHat is the difference between the SE and the SX?

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by DLK@Aug 30 2005, 11:07 PM~3723658
I have found a box I think that will suit it good.  The SX recommends a box 3.5 cubic ft. and 32Hz.  I found one for the 15" 2.9 cubic ft. and tuned to 30Hz.  WOuld this fit it good?  ANd I'm not sure yet.  WHat is the difference between the SE and the SX?
that box is a lil on the small side =ol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
COuld some one tell me the diffence between the SE ans SX? And what db they put out when ran at normal suggested tuning levels.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by DLK@Sep 1 2005, 01:04 AM~3731380
COuld some one tell me the diffence between the SE ans SX? And what db they put out when ran at normal suggested tuning levels.
se performs well in sealed boxes and ported
sx doesnt like sealed boxes only ported

se is 600w rms
sx is 1000w rms

se is a little more sq oriented
sx is more oriented torwards spl (daily applications)

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx+Sep 1 2005, 06:11 AM~3732187-->
se performs well in sealed boxes and ported
sx doesnt like sealed boxes only ported

se is 600w rms
sx is 1000w rms

se is a little more sq oriented
sx is more oriented torwards spl (daily applications)
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-DLK
@Sep 1 2005, 06:17 AM~3732209
Which would you reccomend?  And I also found a ported box 3.55 cubic ft.

Well thre is your explanation, which would you choose? Its not our car homie, and we arent setting up your install. Look at the information in front of you and decide on hwat you would like. ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going with the SX which I had my mind set on. I just wanted to see other's opinions between the 2.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts